“great view, romantic place.”

Raffles Holiday Hotel Yogyakarta
and 1 more site!
Raffles Holiday Hotel Yogyakarta
Ranked #4 of 7 Kaliurang B&B and Inns
Hong Kong, China
“great view, romantic place.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

nice place , that we can see the view of rice field, it really make us impressive, while we can also enjoy romantic dinner at the restaurant, the food is nice, and they also have the pool surrounded by the big tree. it is so nice..and they also have a low rate, but the service is still excellent.

highly recommended !!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 887katew

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Indonesian first
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had stayed in quite a few basic places before this, so it felt like luxury! ;)
It is quite an unusual layout for a hotel, not beautiful by any means, but really good value and quality. The rooms are well thought out and great quality.
I was welcomed by the manageress and even found a lovely plate of food in my room which I was really grateful for at 11pm when I arrived. I changed room after the first night as my neighbours were a bit noisy. This was absolutely no problem with the hotel and they helped move my bags. I ended up with a suite for the rest of my stay.

The hotel has a small swimming pool, I only used it once when I found myself at the hotel before I departed. I mostly went out and the free shuttle service was really useful to take me to central Yogyakarta - about 15 minute drive away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank wondercatUk
Semarang
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed 1 night, in september 2012. Our room is next to the kitchen, it's quite spacious unfortunatelly there's one crazy guest that honking his car horn in front of the room at an ungodly hour 3 a.m in the morning. However, our parents stayed in the bungalow and quite satisfied. One of our complaints is the water is turned off at night, we learned the next morning from the villagers, that after Merapi eruptions the water is becoming scarce in the Kaliurang region. The hotel location is quite far from the city center, but near Kaliurang, and Mt. Merapi

Room Tip: Bungalow is spacious with two rooms, equiped with king size bed, and there's an extra bed in the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Danu D
Atlanta
Reviewed October 2, 2012

One after the other, you be the judge:
1. The name of the hotel billboard on the street is not even the same as the name I found online (Raffles). It was the street # that finally got me there.
2. We specifically booked the room by the mini rice field. The toilet did not work so they moved us to the room next door with terrible view. In fact no view at all (facing an ope garage of some sort with construction material). They should have given us a discount for the promise failed to be delivered. NOTHING.
3. There was a jacuzzi in the bathroom. Of course, it was not in working condition. Never mind...
4. The curtains, the bedsheets, the comforter and the dining table cloth -- ALL had noticeable and disgusting stains all over. I immediately checked for bedbugs.
5. We we were about to sleep, we just realized that if we turn off all the lights, we would turn off the AC, too. How?? It was late and with all the mishaps prior to this one, we just decided to sleep with the lights on.
6. The breakfast was ok. It was not bad but not as great as what others said in the review.

The only thing that made us through the ordeal was the opportunity to roam around the vast rice fields nearby. Mind you, not the rice field that is advertised by the hotel.

Not worth it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sweety S

Travelers are raving about these Kaliurang hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kaliurang
Prima SR Hotel & Convention
Fuji Villa Hotel
#3 of 7 in Kaliurang
Cangkringan Jogja Villas & Spa
Rumah Palagan Yogyakarta

Been to Raffles Holiday Hotel Yogyakarta? Share your experiences!