We stayed at the Amanzoe over Easter 2014. The hotel is located in a perfect setting and the property is stunning. Views over the agean sea are breathtaking.
The villas are beautiful and offer everything you need. Also the SPA is beautiful designed but not spectacular. The treatment was perfect.
The Beach club is a 10 min ride away from the hotel and only operating from May to October due to the weather, the beach itself is fine but not beautiful.
We always read and heard that the Aman experience is out of this world but unfortunately this was not the case during our stay. Some examples:
- one massage treatment we received was not to the standard at all. The pressure was low and the effect zero. We mentioned it at the reception but there was no excuse or apology
- the " do not disturb sign" is on the door. The door bell is rings and house keeping delivers laundry which is not even yours
- the "do not disturb sign" is on the door. House keeping comes into your room and cleans the villa
- at 9.00 in the morning they call you in the room, wake you up and realise they called the wrong number
- the Restaurant service quality is very low. To serve a continental breakfast it took more than 30 min. Restaurant more than half empty. Food is not served at the same time. Your partner is eating and you are still waiting
- Coffee comes out of a Nespresso machine....? In a Hotel off this standard?
- The seating furniture is very uncomfortable. It might be a part of the Hotel design but still is not pleasant. See picture.
- the main restaurant is not a pleasant place as the acoustics are really bad. We had dinner when it was half full. To understand your partner it can be difficult. This might be different I the summer when the glass walls are all open.
In general the staff is a little bit on the difficult side. If you have a request you have to fight for it. The answer is often "Yes, but..." For example, would it be possible to heat the plunge pool up a little? Yes but your pool is at the right temperature.
Also the information given from the reception staff is not always correct. For example for Easter the was a ceremony on Spetses for the burning of Judas. Announced by the reception for 8.00 pm. It took place at 9.30 pm.
I could give much more examples of this poor service. Of course there was also good service and friendly staff but unfortunately this was the minority. If you rise the expectation to be one of the best resorts in Europe the service should also be this way. It is a pity to have a beautiful hotel in a stunning setting with inadequate service. Or you could also say the service is not at all up to the standards.
Luckily this can be fixed. The other way round would not be possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comprising a 38-suite resort, an Aman Spa and a number of Aman Villas, Amanzoe draws its name from the Sanskrit-derived word for 'peace' and zoe, the Greek word for 'life'. The resort is situated on a hilltop close to the town of Porto Heli on the east coast of the Peloponnese and offers panoramic views of the Peloponnese coastline, a private Beach Club in a picturesque bay and easy access to the cosmopolitan islands of Spetses and Hydra. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Amanzoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.