All reviews beach club the general manager main restaurant private pool bathroom area large living room remote location moment you arrive modern greek screaming children we've stayed athens airport local honey room number rooms are great surrounding countryside aman resorts
Selected filters
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This hotel was a real grower. When we first arrived I thought it wasn't very special, but over the course of our 5 night stay I grew to really love it, to the extent that we're considering returning next summer. The hotel facilities were good. The pool was nice, our villa was very comfortable with a nice pool and sun terrace. The gym and spa were both great. 10 minutes away by road is the beach club which is set in a beautiful bay, serves great food and is the perfect place to laze away the days. There are also some excellent things to do outside the hotel. We chartered a boat for the day and went to a few of the close by islands which was a really memorable day out. I'd also recommend hiring a car and driving to some of the local towns and villages. There is nothing very high end, but some excellent casual places to eat and a fantastic laid back atmposphere. The only downside is the distance from the airport, although if you feel like splashing out then 15 minute transfer by helicopter is a very nice way to arrive.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 5StarJunkie365
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Of the 17 Aman resorts where we've stayed, this is perhaps the most consistently excellent of them -- very high praise given the standards of this group.

The guest pavilions are very high spec, with superb bathrooms (two separate toilet rooms on each end of the bathroom, replete with those terrific Japanese Toto toilets) and really soothing interiors. We booked the entry-level "Valley view" rooms and we thought the view over the surrounding Greek countryside was unique and idyllic.

Housekeeping was perfectly timed and impeccable. And service standards throughout, particularly in the restaurants, was always sincere, friendly, and kind.

The food was consistently superb, easily the best I've had at an Aman resort, where sometimes the dining has failed to live up to the rest of the experience. It has been years since I have had a burger as delicious as the one served in the pool cafe.

There's a great sense of openness and spaciousness atop the hill where the resort is located, and you don't at all get that sense from the photos. The main pool is at the highest point of the resort, off to the side, and can be very peaceful.

Note that during the last week of August, when we were there, there were a large number of families and children, and some of the parents made no efforts to ensure appropriate behavior -- so at times, the pool and beach club were incredibly noisy. That's certainly not the resort's fault, but set your expectations accordingly if visiting during peak times.

The spa director and his team were also superb, as were the staff at the fitness center who provided free daily stretching and yoga classes. If you want a deep-tissue massage, I would strongly recommend Maria, a physiotherapist who travels regularly from Athens to provide treatments at Amanzo'e. Each of us thought she gave one of the most superb massages we have ever experienced.

I have two very minor suggestions for improvement:

1. The pathway from the central resort to the valley-view pavilions is not lit, making it somewhat treacherous at night. The resort needs to install lighting along that pathway for guests who are walking to/from their rooms to the restaurants each night.

2. While the treatments at the spa were world class, Aman really needs to provide relaxation space at the spa following treatments. Instead, you are instructed to put your clothes back on and walk back to your room. I really value the pre- and post-treatment experiences at spas, and it's really important to be able to relax in a dedicated relaxation room or other space following a treatment.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank DaneP
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I travel to Greece every couple of years and have stayed at countless luxury hotels and this is arguably the nicest resort in the country
Enough has already been written about the amazing villas and public spaces.
I loved that the resort took the natural habitat into consideration when building the complex including the beautiful olive trees and rosemary plants.
Serene,luxurious,clean,breathtaking vistas.Wont forget my nightly sunset cocktail on the bars terrace.
Service was second to none from the bar staff at the main complex,to the pool staff,beach staff,housekeeping and so on.Made to feel part of an extended family.Thanks to Katerina,Yiorgos,Yiannis just to name a few.
Huge thanks to the Grays who welcomed us with warm smiles and were around daily making sure their guests were enjoying themselves.
We can't wait to return to the Amanzoe and to try out some of the other fabulous Aman resorts.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank heeto
Reviewed October 25, 2013

When organising our travel, we were a little sceptic about this place. We were wondering if it was worth a 3 hour drive to go all the way to Aman’Zoë. When we arrived there, we agreed right away, it really was!!! My new life motto: if you haven’t been to an Aman resort, you haven’t lived!
You arrive at the resort and you make a journey in time, back to ancient Greece. You get a really warm welcome at the resort which hasen’t got a reception desk (super positive about this!!!) While the staff parks your car and takes care of your luggage, you get ‘the grand tour’ of the resort with a large swimming pool for adults and an almost as large swimming pool for kids. If you want to go to the private beach, just say so and a member of the staff will drive you there right away. At the private beach, there are 3 more swimming pools (!!) a pool bar where you can have lunch as well and (free) water sports activities.
Back in the hotel, there is a large welness facility, a library, gym, restaurant, bar and poolbar. But hey, if you don’t want to leave your great pavilion, you can just stay there. The mini bar is complementary, you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner (which are all marvelous) inside the room, there is a Nespresso machine at your service and there’s always some fruit in your villa.
Further, you have a small private pool, 2 bathrooms, a large bath tub and 2 rain showers with view on the beautifal Greek sky. One of the things I loved the most about my pavillion was the large ammount of windows. You get the feeling you’re outside all the time.
When people ask me what I loved the most about my trip to Greece, I say it was my stay at the Aman’Zoë. You cannot describe the expierience, you just had to be there.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Serazy
Reviewed October 19, 2013

As Zelda wrote "Words are inadequate to describe the beauty of this Aman Resort." The hill the hotel is built upon offers a 330 degree amazing view and the landscape is just breath taking. Only for that reason it is worth going. But it gets even better, the architect who designed the resort had probably a similar love for that natural piece of paradise as he designed a Ancient Greek inspired - albeit modern - temple. We never felt in a hotel but felt either at home or part of nature. It is truly amazing.
The swimming pool is the best pool we have ever seen.
The beach club offers everything you want, especially if you have children as there is a children space.
The service is also first class and very friendly (albeit efficient).
The food is arguably the resort's Achilles heel.
I could write for hours but go and check. You won't be disappointed.

Room tip: Sea view is not better than land view. Even though the suites are very spacious, there is no private room within the suite. It was a bit of a problem for us as we had a young baby.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family