“Clean and Bright!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Clean and Bright!”
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Super clean, lovely and helpful owners and staff, would return there in a heart beat!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LJL1169

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
UK
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We stayed here for a fantastic 2 weeks, the apartments are big, clean, well equipped and maintained, air conditioned , free wi-fi and everything that you need to have a great stay! Location is great, just a 5 minute walk to a superb sandy beach at Sky Beach (great restaurant and pool available to guests of Hut Pointe - try the Key Lime pie it is FANTASTIC!) ..just a 5 minute drive to Cocodimama (great beach and fantastic restaurant) , 10 minutes drive to The Beach House restaurant, Tippys and Banks Deli, all on great beaches, and just down the road from governors harbour where there are some good grocery stores and the excellent Friday night fish fry down by the sea.

Kathy, the manageress, will look after your day to day needs and is always about, shes great and a real help. The owners Adelaide and Brendan I am proud to call my friends (great dinner out last night THANK YOU!!) and of course their charming young daughter Mia making up a lovely family here that will ensure your stay is just right.

We cannot recommend this lovely home from home highly enough :)

2 Thank mark4sense
hutpointe, Owner at Hut Pointe Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
To use the facilities of Sky Beach Club, guests must purchase food and drinks.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2011

This place is incredible. We stayed here for 2 days in Feb and our biggest regret
was that we had to leave. It is quality throughout - the people who own it, the
people who run it, the grounds it sits on and the accommodations themselves. For the price of a room elsewhere we got a 800 sq foot suite - one of the smaller units - in this stately fieldstone building. We were on the upper floor and were treated to a beautiful caribbean sunset from the covered veranda sitting in our wicker chairs. The place was spotless and equipped with everything we needed to enjoy our stay - and really feel like you were in a 'home away from home. '

OK ..I admit it, I'm a middle-aged, male 'princess'. My girlfriend calls me that because
I actually want to see a room before I rent it and even test the bed. I have this bizarre concept that when I go on holidays I want to stay in a place where I wake up well rested and ready for adventure the next day. I work hard for my money and I'm 'ON VACATION'.
Besides, you know who gets the earfull when I rent us a substandard place.

Hutpointe went well beyond my expectations. The attention to detail to all the little
things that travellers like was endless. Like wall safes, central air throughout
coupled with overhead whisper quiet fans, wifi in your suite, filtered rainwater in a
shower that had 3 different spray patterns and no matter how long I played with them -
endless hot water at a pressure that actually qualified as a shower. Low flow toilets
that actually worked. Tile throughout, quality comfortable furniture, and an armoire with a satellite TV, DVD and phone. Now we don't go on holidays to sit around and watch the tube, but at the end of the day it's nice to know that Middle Eastern countries are falling and just how cold it is back home - still. And there was the odd hockey game too.

The king size bed was incredibly comfortable, the central air kept the room at perfect
temperature and the fan kept a nice gentle breeze on us all night.( Air conditioning
can be important in the tropics - it dries out the air and the mosquitos can't survive )
I didn't want to get up in the morning.

Having a spare bedroom with 2 single beds was just bonus space for the two
of us - allowing us room to spread out our stuff without cluttering up our space. With a couch that folds out you could easily put 6 people in the suite.

But be careful, if for any reason you should leave your room for awhile, Kathy the Manager will slip in and make everything spotless again. Hey, she even laid out my toothpaste, toothbrush and other sundries in a nice neat row in the bathroom. Kathy was good enough to do my laundry for me ( fish guts on your clothes start to stink after awhile )Then she ironed them and laid them out on the bed ! Hopefully I tipped her well enough.

Then there is the kitchen. We don't go on holidays to cook and clean like at home
but being able to have a nice quiet breakfast of coffee, cereal and toast on the veranda was just the perfect way to start the day - especially with the birds in the morning and the smells of the flowers and the trees. No snow ..anywhere. The reality is you can only dine out so many times and having the option of quick lunches and even the odd supper was perfect - not to mention your own beer in your own fridge. The kitchen was equipped with EVERYTHING - and I mean ..everything ..in abundance.

This was 3rd time to the Bahamas, our 4th island. Eleuthera was by far the most diverse and impressive island to date - We set aside 2 weeks to explore her and barely...barely scratched the surface. It's an Explorers island and we like to explore. Not to rent a car here would be a major mistake and you would miss out on 90% of your vacation. Driving in Eleuthera is a piece of cake, as long as you remember to stay on the left ( don't worry they have signs reminding you ). Traffic is nonexistent, even on the 'Queen's Highway". The only real challenge is some of the sideroads are badly eroded and also some residents have a bizzare habit of not dimming their lights at night. Rent a car - you will enjoy your holiday much much more.

Hutpointe is the perfect place on the island, as long as you have a car. Central to all the areas of interest, it's 10 mins to Governor's Harbour, an hour to the south end of the island and 30 minutes away from Preachers Cave to the north. Eleuthera has beaches on the Caribbean side as well as the Atlantic side - when the wind is blowing too hard on one side it is usually perfect on the other. The Atlantic side tends to be a little wilder while the Caribbean side can be a little 'buggier " Mosquitos and Noseeums. 5 minutes south gets you to Sky Beach Club on the Atlantic side. Have a nice lunch and spend the day on an Atlanticside beach - all by yourself.

10 Minute drive north puts you at Cocodimama's on the Caribbean side. Again, have a nice lunch and spend the afternoon tanning in a chair or playing on one of the nicest, calmest beaches you will find on the Island - hanging out with other couples.

Or you can just take a 3 minute walk from Hutpointe down the road to the Caribbean and catch the sunset. Lots of water close by. Tons of beaches to discover on your own. Or just stroll around the grounds until you feel at home - huge, beautiful property.

So, I highly recommend a visit to Eleuthera for all travellers that like to explore and experience a different kind of culture every time you go over the next hill. And I highly recommend Hutpointe for your stay - you will NEVER find a better bang for your buck. Heck, I liked it so much I shot video and put it on youtube @

Yolotraveller - Hutpointe Inn Eleuthera http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYvLdbTFwTc

3 Thank yolotraveller
Calgary
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We were advised by a couple other hotel managers that Hut Pointe was the best place to stay and I must say they were right. We came to this place when our original accommodations turned out to be a major disappointment. Hut Pointe has the most modern conveniences to offer for short term stays at a very fair cost. The units are large, airy, and immaculate, with very posh furniture. The owners take great pride in offering the best – manicured grounds, the most modern water systems with rainwater at our disposal and well maintained building. The handbook in the unit was a scream to read.

I just found that the convenience of having cooking facilities made the stay in Eleuthera very acceptable as it allowed us the ease of making our own breakfasts and lunches. Eleuthera does not offer any kind of eatery franchises, and the more elegant restaurants are not low cost venues.

Some people may claim that location is at a disadvantage. I would have to disagree, as this is the most central location for the island. Car rental is a necessary evil on this island as a person should not restrict themselves to just amenities within walking distance. This hotel does have walking distance access to a beach at Sky Beach. Please be aware that pools on any hotels are a rarity on this island..

Even though the units are next to the major road on the island, there was no road noise to be heard within the units. (what a relief, compared to the horrid house rental we abandoned which was located just outside of a town where one of the neighbours had 4 roosters which crowed all night.)

Should I ever return to Eleuthera for another vacation, this is the place I would return to, hands down

3 Thank Sandra N
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We just returned from an amazing last minute weekend getaway to Eleuthera, Bahamas. The owners at Hut Pointe were able to accommodate us for our short stay and returned our call quickly.
The apartments are bright, beautiful and clean (ours #6 had a view of the gardens and Ocean). The kitchen has everything you need to prepare meals. They even left a cool jug of drinking water for us in the fridge. The bedrooms have the most comfortable mattresses, duvets and pillows. We all slept very well! The bathroom has high end fixtures and the amenities from l'Occitane were a very nice touch.
The location is very easy to find coming from the airport, and a short walk to one of the most spectacular beaches in the world.
We'll be back soon!

Ash, Sherry and Lauren Barmania

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Barmania
Budapest
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I really enjoyed my staying at the Hut Point! I felt like I would have been at home. I had to big bedrooms, a little but comfortable bathroom and a big living room.
And I liked staying at the porch... the birds, the beautiful flowers ...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed January 16, 2011

Great place to stay situated on beautiful grounds and just a short walk to the beach. Suites are roomy, updated and extremely clean. The owners are wonderful people and provided a great experience.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
#1 of 6 in Governor's Harbour
The Cove Eleuthera
The Cove Eleuthera
#1 of 1 in Gregory Town

Been to Hut Pointe Inn? Share your experiences!