“Amazing!”

Trattoria da Paolino
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Wonderful food and even more wonderful people. We not only had a fantastic traditional Sardinian meal but we were also treated as family. We also liked the fact that most people at the restaurant were Italians. The place is very cosy and the personnel seems very happy to do their jobs and treat the customers as guests in their house. The quality of the food was great and the quantities were exceptional. During the whole meal you get wine and water, which we found out later on was included on the fixed price, which to our surprise was only 28 € per person. I really hope that I get the opportunity to come back.

1  Thank Kongen04
There are newer reviews for Trattoria da Paolino

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I love these type of Italian restaurants where you get what you are given. They start with antipasto of Olives, Pickled Broad Beans, Artichoke and a variety of cheese and cured meats. This was followed by Gnocchi Alla Sarda (a pecorino and tomato sauce) and then a Ravioli with Spinach and Ricotta, then Roast Pork, then cheese, then Sardinian desserts, then coffee, then help yourself to a couple of bottles of digestifs placed on the table (of not forgetting the carafe of wine). I think the actual charge was 36 euros for two people, but I couldn't tell whether the 3 was a 3 or a 5 - so ended up paying 56, as that still seemed a bargain, and it felt churlish to ask given them amount of food and drink we had received. The only thing that detracted from *our* meal is that we had two sleeping children throughout the entire 3.5 hours eating marathon which felt like ticking time bombs, should they wake up and cause a fuss in this intimate restaurant. We needn't have worried!

3  Thank tbathurst
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We went to Paolino's on our holiday in Sardegna. We were looking for something authentic and most of all, good! We weren't disappointed. The place is so genuine and the food is AMAZING!! We had the best roast piglet with the best crackling I've ever had. The ravioli had the lightest ricotta filling, we kept asking for more. The service was absolutely fine. I don't know why some people complain about it, maybe they weren't the easiest customers themselves? Most of the people there seemed to enjoy themselves and there were several habitués. The guy who served us (which I think was the son of Paolino) kept offering us more food and took a lot of pride in it. He seemed very surprised by the fame that his trattoria was getting thanks to Tripadvisor (we got the impression he didn't know what it was until he received some kind of award from them the previous day). We had a fantastic experience, just remember that you have to follow their pace, so don't go there in a rush.

2  Thank lallacap
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We found this small place in the middle of a mountain village through tripadvisor and went with my wife during our honeymoon visit at sardegna. We didn't order a thing, since a set menu was at place for all guests. The food was really tasty without being pretentious. I would describe the place as a traditional tavern-trattoria and not a restaurant.
Whilst all recipies where simple enough, I cannot find a single negative comment to make for the place. Definetely to be visited if you are looking for traditional sardinian kitchen somewhere on north central sardinia.

5  Thank Evgenios83
Reviewed April 1, 2011

great quiet local place near Isola Rossa. Located off a triangular square near center of town on the northeastern side. Don't recommend spending the night there. Free dried anchovies instead of popcorn at the bar.

2  Thank WildBillT