I stayed at corbett hideways in last week of October 2013. My experience was awful and i would recommend you to avoid this property, it will totally spoil your holiday mood. I checked into the hotel late evening around 7 pm and ordered milk for my kid and tea for myself, it was served quickly and the bill was presented for me to sign after about an hour. The bill was presented for 2 glass of milk and 2 pots of tea. I highlighted the error and the staff told me that he will check and get back, after which he never turned up. The bill was again presented to me next day afternoon when i was checking out, i again requested them to rectify the mistake. They argued why didnt i highlight this when the bill was presented last evening. I explained it to them that this was very much highlighted and that was the precise reason the bill is not signed. They made me wait for at least 25 mins after which they agreed it was their mistake.
There was a food basket provided in the room but the fruits in that were stale after my dinner on the first day i called up housekeeping informing them about the same and requested them to replace the fruits, however same was not done. I booked myself on early morning safari the next day when i was about to leave for early morning safari i called up housekeeping asking the that the fruits in my room were not replaced and requested the to give me a banana and an apple instead, for my son in case he feel hungry during safari. Housekeeping promptly brought 1 banana and 1 apple, however i was presented with a bill of fruit basket (Rs 450) at the time of check out. I explained them the entire story but they refused to accept. Then i asked them for menu card to check the rate of fruit basket and what all it contains. The staff refused to present the menu card saying there is no mention of fruit basket in the menu card since it is not a standard item. After arguing for another 15 mins i paid the bill.
At the time of unloading my luggage, handle of the same was broken due to inappropriate handling. The staff didnt even apologise, saying it happens.
Overall i would say the property was beautiful but the staff was big turnoff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spread over an area of 10 acres, The Corbett Hideaway, one of the finest wildlife resorts in Corbett is concealed in the thick of a mango grove, where in season; the mangoes hang ripe and luscious right against your door. Exotic mixed shrubbery, alive with flowers, is crossed by pebbled paths lead to charming cottages with sit outs. The wonderful stillness is broken only by the sound of the Kosi River and myriad birds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Corbett Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Corbett Hideaway Hotel Corbett
- Corbett Hideaway Hotel Nainital