All reviews self catering fantastic hotel restaurant recommendations walking distance marina balcony tavernas greece beaches hosts summer greek brand
Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

We stayed with friends at this Aegean Gem on the top floor apartment, with amazing views over the little harbour and out over the islands. It is so wonderful just to sit and watch the ever changing sea scape and observe the coming and goings of boats. Only one bedroom has sea views and that bedroom has a delightful comfy bed....the best I've ever had in Greece. The apartment kitchen is very well equipped, even with a coffee machine and beautiful expresso coffee set. Dimitris & his wife Katarina are incredibly helpful collecting & returning us from the Port and arranging quad hire delivered and collected to the apartments. There is a delightfully attractive pebble beach just a short walk along the shore past the first beach on the left. We only stayed for 4 nights but Vanessa -Marie is on our agenda for a return visit. Thank you Dimitris and your lovely family

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2016

After an early morning flight to Skiathos, a 10 minute taxi ride took us to the port where we bought our tickets for the ferry to Skopelos ( we decided not to pre-book ferry crossing in case of delays). Sat in bar in port, just in front of ferry arrivals, having a well deserved cold mythos! Lovely 20 minute crossing to Glossa, where Dimitris was waiting to pick us up & take us to the apartments.
The apartments have everything you should need for the perfect Greek holiday, situated in front of a small harbour, with beautiful yachts & traditional fishing boats, so great to sit on the balcony & people watch. Also, a couple of 100 metres from a few great friendly tavernas & small supermarket, bakery & butchers. There are 2 local beaches within 200 metres, or the wonderful "Mama Mia beach" approx. 2 kilometres.
The apartments are very well equipped, with air-conditioning lovely bathrooms with complimentary toiletries. The beds must have the best mattresses ever, & the cleaning was great! Balcony, although small, had panoramic views over the harbour, sea & islands.
Dimitris was just great, he just couldn't have been better - picking us up from the harbour, taking us to Kastani (Mama Mia) beach, dropping us back to the port, he was always there when needed, but not intrusive.
Looking forward to a longer holiday next year.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms with sea view
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank biskit105
Reviewed July 11, 2016

We were walk-ins at the Anna Maria/Vanessa apartments... we found ourselves in Elios looking for a bed after a great day of paddle-boarding and inquired at the apartments while having an apero on the port. The room we stayed in was on the ground floor with a balcony facing the ocean. It was well-equipped and newly redone with a simple kitchenette. Basic but super comfortable accommodations at the heart of the village would be enough to recommend it, but what was most impressive was the welcome. The owners - Dimitris and his wife - (Vanessa and Anna Maria's parents) spoke limited English but were masterful communicators and lovely people and went so far out of their way to make sure we we were comfortable and taken are of, that we couldn't wait to write this review. The town of elios does not have the charming greek-island hillside aspect of Glossa, but it does have a beautiful uncrowded beach for swimming and is a great location for exploring the island with buses to/from Glossa/Skopelos running a smooth and predictable service. We had a genuine welcome from good people and great bed in the center of the village... only thing we might have done differently was book a top-floor apartment in advance.

Room Tip: Better views and more privacy on higher floors
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2016 via mobile

I booked Anna Maria Vanessa as I was doing a kayaking tour from nearby Hovolos beach. I'd also seen some good reviews about the hotel & the owner that helped me make up my mind. Dimitris the hotel owner, what a lovely bloke. He emailed me before I arrived to confirm my time of arrival as he offered to collect me from the port.

When I arrived at the port of Loutraki he was there to greet me. His English is basic(much better than my Greek) but we got along fine! 20 minutes later we were at the apartments! The apartment itself was spotless & the bed was fantastic! There was a bottle of water already chilled in the fridge & a pot local plum jam was left for me. On top of that, Dimitris brought me an ice cold can of beer as a welcome gift.

Right on the harbour so nice views especially as the sun set. A shingle beach across the road & handful of restaurants in front of the apartment. A supermarket, bakery & bus stop into Skopelos town are a two minute walk away. The area was very quiet & the locals were preparing for the season to kick in. It felt as though I had the whole place to myself give or take a few locals. I was told it will be a different story from the beginning of June.

I'd definitely stay here again. Thank you to Dimitris for being such a great host. Ps the gyros that Dimitris had delivered for me were some of the best I'd eaten in Greece! Definitely give them a go!

Stayed: May 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Tyrone R
Reviewed March 12, 2016

We were met from the ferry by our Dimitris who proved to be a very thoughtful and congenial host.

The top floor apartment in which we stayed was quiet, clean and cool and we made liberal use of the huge sun-deck - a perfect place to relax, read and eat. From here it was a joy to watch the sun set over the sea.

There is a great selection of restaurants within a short walk and you can be at the beach in minutes.

Dimitris offered to help find a hire car for us but we were mostly happy where we were. When it came to the obligatory trip to Agios Ioannis he happily sorted out a taxi for us. He clearly cares that his guests feel welcome and enjoy themselves. When the time came to leave he dropped us back to the ferry and gave us a gift of the delicious local plum jam.

All in all, a really comfortable and welcoming place to stay on a beautiful island. Our time at Anna Maria - Vanessa will last long in our memories.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family