My husband and I spent seven beautiful days at the Tamarind Beach Hotel. We were upgraded to a suite on the second floor with a beautiful view of the carribean. The hotel is small (only about 40 rooms - all beachfront) and the staff is warm and friendly. We were not on a meal plan, however, the food was excellent and reasonably priced for an island. I especially liked their fillet mignon and my husband enjoyed the seafood! The pizza was also good, but wasn't served at lunchtime. We would split the hamburger or club sandwich at lunchtime - very big portions! We took another traveler's advice and bought a bottle of spiced rum and a bottle of vodka at the duty free shop in Barbados. We walked to the town to buy 7-up and cranberry juice so that we could make our own drinks. The room is equipped with a refridgerator and you can get ice from the kitchen staff. There is also an electric tea kettle and the room is stocked with complimentary teas and coffees.
The water and the beach are beautiful and relaxing!!! There were days when my husband and I were the only two people on the beach. I highly recommend the snorkel trip with Yanni on the catamaran. You will go to Mayreau and the Tobago Cays and will snorkel with tropical fish and sea turtles!! We also took the fast ferry to Bequia. I would not recommend it because it is an entire day spent on an island similar to Canouan only on a larger scale.
If you are making your own air travel, it would be wise to look into Liat airlines as opposed to SVG airlines. The planes are larger, more comfortable, faster, and less expensive.
If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing, intimate vacation, come to the Tamarind. We just spent our 25th wedding anniversary there and met another couple from Italy who were honeymooners! It's a great place for making beautiful memories!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club is a lively beachfront oasis with 40 seaside hideaways, surrounded by tropical gardens, on a long white sand beach. The low-rise property features two thatched-roof restaurants/bars: the "Palapa Restaurant", with a delightful open terrace right at the water edge, offering Italian and West Indian cuisine and the “Pirate's Cove” an informal Bar serving lighter fare. Beach bar, water sports (hydro bikes, windsurf, canoe and sunfish) and massage facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Beach Hotel And Yacht Club
- Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club Canouan, St. Vincent And The Grenadines