We stayed at theTamarind Beach for 7 nights in a ground floor beach front suite on a full board basis. The suite was huge and probably the best room we have ever stayed in at any hotel in the Carribean (and we have been to quite a few). There is a very large deck outside the room from which access to the beach is gained via a small gate and a few stepping slabs.
Only a quarter of the rooms in the hotel seemed to be occupied and because of this the hotel was very quiet. This meant that we did get very personal service from the staff, who were extremely natural and friendly.
Canouan is a small island and the hotel provides a tour, which takes about an hour. The main town is also right outside the hotel gates and we were surprised how friendly the locals were to us. Nearly everyone we met said hello and smiled.
What can we say about the food. They must have a great chef, as we could not fault it. During the week we worked our way through the whole menu and enjoyed everything we ate. The menu was very varied with Italian and Indonesian influences. The lobster, for which there was no additional charge, was massive.
There hotel does charge for water and all drinks. At each meal you are offered water for which you are charged 5.43 USD per meal. We had wine with each evening meal, which cost us 50.00 USD per bottle. There was a good variety of wines available at this price, but you could pay considerably more per bottle. A small bottle of beer was 6.52 USD.
The beach was public, but we were not bothered by any vendors, which can be real pain on some of the larger islands . The hotel provided recliners and beach towels. As the hotel is adjacent to The Moorings we found the constant comings and goings of the yachts etc to be very interesting and entertaining.
We would like to express our thanks to the staff and management, who made our stay very pleasurable and we certainly have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club is a lively beachfront oasis with 40 seaside hideaways, surrounded by tropical gardens, on a long white sand beach. The low-rise property features two thatched-roof restaurants/bars: the "Palapa Restaurant", with a delightful open terrace right at the water edge, offering Italian and West Indian cuisine and the “Pirate's Cove” an informal Bar serving lighter fare. Beach bar, water sports (hydro bikes, windsurf, canoe and sunfish) and massage facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind Beach Hotel And Yacht Club
- Tamarind Beach Hotel & Yacht Club Canouan, St. Vincent And The Grenadines