“A 1 night of PERFECTION”

Tanglewood @ Gatwick Guest House
Tanglewood @ Gatwick Guest House
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Flew into Gatwick late on at night and booked this hotel due to its location to the airport (5 minute by car). Phoned the B&B to let them know I had arrived and one of the owners came and picked me up no problem.

First impressions of the B&B were impressive...massive big house and lovely garden. It was dark but still welcoming. My room was just on ground floor and was great size and had everything I wanted - big (amazingly comfy) bed, En-Site (small but lovely powerful shower and nice toiletries), little table and chairs, television, tea and coffee and the important free wi-fi. What more could you want?

SLEEP = Amazing. The quality of the bed in my room was of a very high standard so I am sure all rooms would be the same. Lovely bedding and perfect temperature in room for a lovely sleep.

BREAKFAST = You fill in what you want from a great menu the evening before and place it in a basket outside your door. You then request which time you would want it served in your room and also then which time you would like your drop off back to airport. I chose 9.30am for breakfast. It arrived promptly with the full English breakfast I requested. It also came with coffee (or tea), condiments, fresh orange juice, toast with butter and jam - the LOT! I was stuffed! I enjoyed sitting at my little table watching morning news with my FEAST!

Overall a very enjoyable short stay. Absoloutely no complaints (and I am hard to please). If you want a nice warming home with excellent service and a great night sleep followed by delicious breakfast - this place is for you! I will definitely choose again If needing an overnight stay again from Gatwick!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Gareth113

Reviewed November 25, 2013

From the very efficient and free shuttle service provided by Tanglewood, to the well prepared and elegantly presented breakfast the following morning, this was really 5-star service. My daughter and I spent just one night at this guest house but in our opinion it does stand out for superior quality and service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nrgibson
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The room was tastefully decorated and clean. A lovely breakfast in the morning came well presented and served on a trolley directly to our room. The hostess was pleasant.too. This is such great value for money, classier than staying at a mainstream B&B that charges more. Great location, very near to Gatwick which is what we needed. we stayed one night and flew the next day. Would stay at Tanglewood again. Miss L Mitchell

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We chose this in order to be close to airport for our early start home. Jane and Joe were super helpful making sure we got picked up at the Hertz drop off on day one, as well as shuttling us to the station and back on day two, for our final outing in London, and again to the airport, on the day of our departure. This took all the worry out of unloading our car rental at the last minute, and gave us the opportunity to relax in the comfort of their very clean establishment, which even included breakfast in our bedroom. Excellent choice for returning air travellers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is a charming, well appointed Bed and Breakfast! Tastefully decorated, comfortable and spotless! Our hostess picked us up at Gatwick and brought us back in the morning for our return flight.!! Breakfast was tasty and plentiful! Joe let us use his computer and printer to print our boarding passes!!! We couldn't have asked for a nicer place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I liked this b and b for a swift overnight stay enroute to europe. The room could do with rugs. Cold tile floors are not very welcoming on bare feet in the morning. The management were very kind and helpful, lending me their laptop, recommending the pub down the road, a 5 minute walk, and offering a complimentary lift to the airport. no problems at all with returning to this little inn again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2013

A wonderful place. Very clean and confortable. You feel like at home!
Incredible kindness (they put our dirty bicycles inside their kitchen, avoiding to leave theme outside!)
Very good breakfast in the morning!!
Grazie!!!

Courtyard by Marriott London Gatwick Airport
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel

Been to Tanglewood @ Gatwick Guest House? Share your experiences!