“Things changed for the better!”

Hay Point Hotel Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Hay Point
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The Hay Point Hotel Motel is committed to providing its patrons a responsible, friendly, safe entertainment environment, and to ensuring a safe and enjoyable place in which to work for all staff members. Imagine... Whale spotting in winter Seeing exotic native animals, marine life and birds Excellent fishing and crabbing Great food Pokies Bar and Bistro Bottleshop TAB Friendly, happy and relaxed staff
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Food is really good! Sad to see the clientel is quite loud and drunk. You cannot say it is cosy inside, but dine outside and you're in a totally different place. Tip: try the squid!

2  Thank Kaat86

Reviewed April 15, 2013

New chef great food, very happy,tried the soup,then had a steak,everything was great sure there is new management now.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Woking nearby, on Monday April 2 a workmate suggested we try the local hotel for a meal, a couple of beers and see if they had the footy on.
Big mistake. Once you negotiate the pokie machine room with a few forlorn players, the bar area looked just as seed. No, the footy would not be on. So, fortified with a beer, I checked the menu.
Ah, fish of the day with chips and salad. Expensive price, but the manager says the fish is Barramundi, so give it a go. What turned up almost turned my tummy. Grey and looking like something pre crumbed and frozen it was not the prized Barra. Now I've trained commercial Barra fishers up in the Gulf at Karumba, so I know what Barra looks and tastes like. I don't like being lied to and don't worry, I will not be eating there again. A hotel? I don't think so. I now understand their advert slogan "I got hooked at the Hay Pt Hotel" too bad no Barra were hooked.

4  Thank CapnDan

Been to Hay Point Hotel Motel? Share your experiences!