“Good but expensive”
Review of Mojo Smokehouse

Mojo Smokehouse
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I went there with my wife, her daughter and grandchildren.

I had the club sandwich, which has pork and smoked turkey. (I got it without the slice of Kraft cheese that comes with it. Why put a slice of processed cheese food on perfectly good smoked meat? Sheesh.) Everyone else had...other smoked meats.

The food is good, a little better than what you might expect given the hokey "bbq and blues" ambience. The meat in my sandwich had the right touch of smoke and was moist. It's a bit expensive, though.

I had a bbq beans side that was mediocre at best. My wife had sweet potato, which she enjoyed.

They have Cheerwine in bottles, a definite plus.

Service was attentive. The waitress got my order wrong (the cheese was on the first sandwich she brought) but was apologetic and brought another sandwich quickly.

I'd have no problem going back or recommending the place to others.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Pulled pork and beef brisket sndwiches are good. My husband liked their ribs. My husband and I are here before our movie. Conviently right by the theatre. Love the blues music/atmosphere. Have gotten good service both when busy and not busy, even at the end of the night. No complaints, just good BBQ and "soul" food. Great for families as well.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

MoJo's offers a relaxed friendly atmosphere for dining and/or casual get together. The menu focuses on BBQ and they have excellent selections. They also have good variety of vegetable sides. The bartenders, especially Bill makes great drinks and is very friendly and easy to talk to. All around, it is the kind of place you would expect for the "Island".

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is our go-to place when in the area. I always have the pulled pork and the sweet potatoes, so can't comment on the other items. The blues music (taped) always puts me in a great mood, and the service is consistently good. Reasonable prices makes this a place we return to.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Food was excellent, big portions. The service was attentive & professional. A very relaxing atmosphere to enjoy a meal with friends.