“Superb!”

Ranked #1 of 1 East Haddon B&B and Inns
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Every time we visit from Kent, the Red Lion is a must visit. This time in January we were joined by friends for dinner on the Thursday and it didn't disappoint. The food was delicious, service excellent and very friendly, cheerful but professional staff. Jo was away on this occasion but everything still ran smoothly and happily. We also visited for Sunday lunch with our son and daughter in law and although the restaurant was very busy we were looked after very well. Roast beef was excellent as were the other meals we had. Once again The Red Lion was everything we have come to expect. We just wished we lived nearer! Thank you everyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We recently visited to celebrate a wedding anniversary. We were seated promptly and selected from an interesting and varied menu. My scotch egg starter was delicious and my wife enjoyed her king prawns. For mains my cote de beuf was superb, and heathers beef in red wine also went down well. We finished with the selection of cheeses which certainly demonstrated that English cheeses can be be very different. Overall a lovely meal and reasonable value for Money. The only downside was that we were placed next to the door and on a cold evening we were subjected to a constant draft every time anybody arrived or left not helped by their inability to close the door behind them

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tcichris
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this lovely hotel and booked the Four Lions Bedroom , a lovely four poster bed with shower room, large tv and coffee & tea facilities. The room was spacious and luxurious and had an excellent nights sleep followed by an amazing full cooked breakfast.
The night before we booked a table and ate in the resturant, the beef in red wine was exquisite, it literally melted in your mouth. The waiting staff and hotel owners were extremely friendly and welcoming. This has to be our favourite hotel stay to date in a historical northamptonshire village. We would recommend to our friends and family coming to the county.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Homestead, Florida
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight and had dinner at this charming B&B. The building and town were both quite old and very picturesque. Unfortunately, the four-poster bedroom was not available while we were in town, but we had a very nice, adequately sized room. The heater worked well, plenty of hot water, the room & bathroom were very clean. Despite the cold snap, we were able to wander around the town a bit and it was beautiful. Lots of thatched roof cottages and rolling pastures.

Dinner was good, but I actually would have preferred a traditional sort of pub meal. Instead they served what I would call arty pub food, or pub food with a twist. The hamburger was different than I expected (only one bun and well-cooked), but tasted okay. I'm very picky so in retrospect, I probably should have gone with the steak. Service was excellent and the appetizers were delicious. We had a full English breakfast in the morning which was spectacular and everyone we encountered was very warm and friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kellie S
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Went the The Red Lion for a meal on Saturday (30th Nov) for my partners Birthday. There were 6 of us and we were seated in the Lounge area by the lovely big fireplace.
The food was absolutely fantastic and we couldn't fault it at all! I had a pear and Roquefort salad to start, followed by slow cooked beef then a Banana Fool to finish.
I also tasted the Chicken Pate starter which was fabulous!
Although it took a little time to get our table ready it didn't really matter. However, we were treated to a round of drinks on the house which was a nice touch! The service all round was fantastic.
Considering how fabulous the food was the bill was very very reasonable! £40 a head for 3 courses and drinks! (granted, we didn't have any wine)
I think this will now become one our favourite places to eat out!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have stayed here many times and I look forward to it. I travel constantly and know the place that really are good. This is one of them. I love the restaurant the rooms are good and it has a carpark.
The restaurant has always been great and now is outstanding

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Northampton
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Eight of us ate here for my Mum's 60th birthday family lunch. The food was very nice, good quality gastro pub style, price as expected. Only complaint was that the service a little frosty at times which was a shame given the special occasion and the fact that they weren't that busy. No warm welcome and no goodbye oddly. Would go again though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
The Poplars Hotel
#1 of 29 in Northampton
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton

Been to The Red Lion Hotel? Share your experiences!