Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Leavesden
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London is a behind-the-scenes walking tour which immerses guests into the world of film-making. The tour features authentic sets, costumes and props that showcase the British artistry, technology and talent that goes into producing world famous and successful movies, created at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden. The Studio Tour will initially focus on the Harry Potter film series which has made the Studios its home for over 10 years.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I bought tickets for my boyfriend's birthday. We both grew up watching and reading harry potter and it was absolutely amazing! We traveled from the midlands and it was a very long day by the time we'd travelled home but it was definitely worth it. I would recommend it for harry fans of any age im 21 and i cried when we saw the castle covered in snow. It truely is magical and made me feel like a child again.

100% recommend.

1  Thank Sarahp9210
Write a ReviewReviews (33,311)
All reviews
in 647 reviews
"we spent hours"
in 459 reviews

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I've been a Potter fan for the last twelve years and visiting the studio was about as close to going to Hogwarts as I'm ever going to get.
I loved the SFX and Creature rooms. It always fascinates me how people are able to bring things like Goblins and Dragons to life.
I loved seeing the background props up close and in greater detail (like Dumbledore's trinkets! Anyone else notice the Hallows-shape theme around them?)
The staff were super friendly.
I could have spent days in there.

1  Thank PieceOfCait
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My family and I are huge Harry Potter fans so to see the set and costumes was simply amazing! Only an hour's train ride from London on the overground (you can get there on an Oyster Card). It is well magical. I've been to the Hogwarts Castle in Orlando and I can you that it can't compare. Seeing the actually Common Room and Potions Classroom, walking up the real Diagon Alley there is no experience like

2  Thank nicsnort
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was given two tickets to the Harry Potter studios as a gift last Christmas and have only recently managed to get the time off to visit. I contacted the friendly customer services to book my required date and time a few months prior to our visit and the tickets were sent within a week. My partner and I decided not to take our 22 month old daughter as we felt she was too young to enjoy (Children under 4 do get free entry but a ticket is required). Adult price is currently £29 increasing to £30 in 2014. Children 5-15 years of age is currently £21.50 increasing to £22.50 next year.

We arrived at the car park 1 hour before our scheduled arrival where we were efficiently guided to a parking space. We entered the main building which housed a good-sized cafe and a starbucks and joined a small queue to get our tickets scanned allowing us to progress to the main queue to enter the tour. Whilst waiting in-line to gain entry you do get to view authentic items and sets from the movies which makes the 20 minute wait go by painlessly. However, if we had taken our daughter, this wouldn't have been the case as she can't sit still for more than 5 minutes.

We were ushered into a room where we watched a brief video before going through another door into the cinema room to watch another short film introducing you to the tour. I won't go into too much detail as it is better to experience this first-hand. Needless to say, it was a good introduction and set-up the rest of the tour. We spent about 3 hours walking around all the exhibits and reading all the interesting facts. There are plenty of opportunities for taking photos and participating with the interactive elements such as flying a broom etc. Plenty of seating is available for those wanting to rest their legs and toilets are clearly marked and more importantly, spotlessly clean. Food is available but quite expensive.

We went on a weekday during November so it wasn't too busy, however I can imagine there may be some pushing and shoving during the summer hols. We enjoyed the butterbeer which was priced at £2.95 for a standard cup or £6.95 for a plastic tankard which you could keep as a souvenir. The gift shop did seem expensive but with a very good selection of items and keepsakes.

Overall, I would highly recommend the tour as a fun day out, even for those who may not be familiar with the films. You will leave the tour appreciating all the hard work the cast and crew put into the 8 films and will be amazed at the creativity of the sets and the impressive model of Hogwarts which must be seen (the photos do no justice). It was well worth the 3 hour journey and we both look forward to going back when our daughter is a bit older and she has watched the movies and hopefully read the books!

2  Thank simyrhi