“Dare I say ... magical!”

Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Leavesden
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Step on to authentic sets, discover the magic behind spellbinding special effects and explore the behind-the-scenes secrets of the Harry Potter film series. Tread the original stone floor of the iconic Hogwarts Great Hall, encounter animatronic creatures and wander down Diagon Alley. Located at the Studios where all 8 films were produced, the Studio Tour showcases the incredible British talent, imagination and artistry that went into making the impossible a reality on screen. Visitors will relive the magic through the eyes of the filmmakers who brought the Harry Potter film series to life.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Loved it! I have seen the exhibition that came to Sydney and that was NOTHING compared to this! The staff are so immersed in the books and films - you can tell that they know so much and are incredibly passionate. I debated about whether to purchase the audio guide or not so I left the decision until the day. I'm glad I ended up getting it, it was quite good (and partially narrated by Tom Felton, hello). Butterbeer is nice but so rich, most people throw out about half of it out. Bring a packed lunch and a water - they only offer a few sandwiches and they are very expensive.

Write a ReviewReviews (36,875)
All reviews
in 969 reviews
"photo opportunities"
in 499 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

If you are young or old, a trip to Harry Potter World is a must if you are a fan of the books and/or movies. We gave ourselves 2 hours to get there from Gloucester Road tube stop and we were 30 minutes early. It was really easy to do, especially after a few days in London getting use to the mass transit. Once there, it was great. It is not a ride or something that a casual fan may enjoy, but seeing the sets, props, costumes as a big fan of the books and movies was great. Seeing the model was worth the price of admission. My 19 year old daughter loved it even more than me.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Decided to go here for my 30th birthday as I love Harry potter. We went as a family of 4 pre booked tickets about 4 weeks before but they only had a 5pm start left. We choose to have lunch at the nearby harvester before.We got there about 3 looked round the shop. The kids get a Harry potter passport book to collect stamps and find the snitches. As it was my birthday I got one to but only after answering a few Harry potter questions! As soon as u walk in to the great hall it is fantastic we all loved it! Would recommend getting the kids to re watch films the week before so they have everything fresh in there minds! Stop for a butter beer kids did not like a bit like a coke float. The end if the tour is just pure magic! Yes the shop is expensive but there is something for every price range! Yes you have to pay for the photos but it is optional ( we ended up buying 5 well it was my birthday!)Best day out we have had so far ....

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Brilliant. Lots of explanation of how the HP films were made, but enough kept silent so you still saw the major Fantastic views o the sets - indoor and outdoor.
Good for both the little ones and oldies who can appreciate some of the difficulties the producers faced. VERY helpful staff - didn't sound bored at all.
Downsides are the usual for this sort of highly-popular attraction: lots of people, queues, but refreshment prices not actually that bad if you could face the wait.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Wow. I went with my 11yo and we loved it, I'd been before but she had been dying to come and it was magical! She skirted about the place pointing out this little detail and that little detail!
Photo opportunities have been set up all over the place and several people were in uniform ready for the green screen broomstick ride!
Diagon ally was awesome and the maquettes of the sets as they were being designed give a powerful insight into just what it must have taken to bring this To life!
Has enhanced my enjoyment of the films and daughter loves to watch with me and say "do you remember..."

Travelers who viewed Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter also viewed

Been to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter? Share your experiences!