Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter

from $102.00
from $104.60
from $177.50
36,408 results
All reviews gift shop watford junction behind the scenes own pace special effects shuttle bus magical experience attention to detail hogwarts express time slot worth every penny short film take your time audio guide three hours whole experience we spent hours
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Had a fantastic day at Harry Potter Studios with our children who are 7 & 8. We were never bored not even for 1 minute, there was so much to see and do and the kids loved the passport activity and the chance to ride on a broomstick!
I think the day all in all was very pricey, especially the DVDs and photos and wands purchased plus the ticket price.
Definitely recommend it!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Must see for anyone who has seen the movies. They didn't prevent you from taking pictures of the exhibits, netiher did they make you pay exorbitant amounts of money to get a snapshot on the wonderful Bridge! Fans of Harry Potter, don't expect to be done in anything less than 3.5hours, especially if you've bought the audio guide. Butterbeer was fantastic; I could have it everyday! I would definitely go for this tour again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

While planning our trip to London I read about this attraction and wasn't sure if we should spend one of our 5 days there. But we went and it was one of the highlights of our trip Our children are age 10 and 13 and have seen all the Harry Potter movies multiple times. In fact he week before we left they had a movie marathon in which they watched all 8 movies in 3 days - in retrospect not a bad idea. My husband and I have seen all the movies as well.

I always like to go early because it's less crowded, but my husband was concerned that it would be too early for us given the jet lag/time difference, so we settled on 10 oclock.

We have also been to the Universal Orlando Harry Potter Theme Park and this is totally different. Very personal and engaging and private. Because we weren't sure how long it would take to get there, we left Euston Station on the 8:34 and arrived at the Tour around 9 Am. They said we could go in. You are allowed to enter in groups - enough to fill a small theatre in which they show some clips from the movies as well as behind the scenes.

Then the magic begins. First the great hall. It is set up so that after you enter the great hall, you walk by about 30 sets. Then several stops showing a set from each scene of the movie. What is particularly fascinating is how much detail/ time/ and effort went into making each scene. It really is an experience to savor slowly and take your time reading the captions. About halfway through there is an opportunity to sit in the car and ride broomsticks on a green screen and then buy very expensively priced photos to take home. Also the wand lesson was pretty fun.
We also got two audio guides. The kids didn't want to listen to them, but it was interesting as the added some additional (nonessential) information that was not included on the sets.

Once you leave this area you cannot re enter. The next part you go outdoors where they have about 8 out door sets (privet drive, the bridge, the night bus, the chess pieces, the car, the motorcycle. We of course had to get photos with all of theses. There is a small food area serving butterbeer and some food. And the last indoor part has more costumes (they created 200 goblins each with their own personality, Diagon Alley, and the Hogwarts model castle with incredible detail)

Tips:
Go early. It's less crowded and the wait for the broomsticks and car will be shorter. Also it's so much nicer to be able to go right up and read everything instead of having to wait.

We brought some food along to eat or eat a substantial meal before you go.
From a previous reviews it was pointed out that it took about 3 hours and that food options were limited to the outdoor eating area. This could be a big problem if you arrived right before a meal time and had to wait until the outdoor eating area which had a small selection.
Don't bother with an audioguide unless English is a second language or everyone in the group does it. It takes longer.

Get in line first. Visit the gift shop last. That may sound obvious, but some people on our shuttle bus did the gift shop and the photos and we were allowed in the group ahead of them

If you're early they might let you in early, it's worth a try.

5  Thank swansfromBoston
Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was everything I was expecting and more. I had a great time and I would love to go again. It was magical for all the right reasons, every Potter fan should go- at least once!

The tour itself was structured- i.e. there are people who give talks and demos in each area but you’re not limited by time as you explore at your own pace. The staff were very helpful and the directions given via the website were useful if you're travelling by car. The prices were on par with similar events/places and to be honest I didn't mind paying £5 for a Butterbeer- it's only available in two places in the world for Pete’s sake!

Overall: a great place to visit for the young, old and even us Muggles.

2  Thank Julia_Annan
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Loved it! went with my 10yr old daughter, we both loved it. There is so much to see and do. Make sure that you take plenty of time in each room to look at everything. It is well worth reading the information plates, we were thrilled with all the extra snippets of information we found by reading them, facinating! The staff on the tour were lovely, they really made you feel like nothing was too much trouble, no-one rushes you along.
A few little tips, *if you have ordered the souvinir book don't look through it until you have completed your tour and then you won't have any of the surprises along the way spoilt by seeing them in advance. *When you go into the cinema, if you have a small child sit them on your knee or they will not see over the seat in front, my daughter is an average height 10yr old and she could not see over it!
From the moment you drive through the gate and the team of car park staff guide you directly into a parking space to the minute you leave the tour all effort is made to ensure you have a smooth running, well organised tour.
I told my daughter when we went that it was a 'one off' treat but after doing the tour I now know that is not true, there is so much to see and do that despite being in there several hours we could/and will happily do the tour again.
We met with our friends from America at the tour and they have visited the Harry Potter in Florida, their opinion was 'the Florida tour was very good but London knocks the socks off it'
If you are considering booking this tour I would say just do it, I will eat my 'sorting hat' if you don't enjoy it!!!