“Good selection, good food, good value”

Fusion Dim Sum & Sushi
Ranked #27 of 34 Restaurants in Stittsville
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Ottawa, Canada
“Good selection, good food, good value”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Fusion offers a wide range of Asian foods, from dim sum to sushi to tempura to Thai, at a very reasonable all-you-can-eat price. You order from a menu by number, and the dishes are prepared fresh for you. All dishes are shareable and would provide a serving for one to three people. For a larger party you would just order two or more of the same dish if everyone wanted a taste. I found the food uniformly well-prepared. The dessert menu is limited, but the deep-fried bananas make up for it. This is a great place to try different dishes without running up a huge bill.

Ottawa, Canada
“New menu is great”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Surprised by some of the other reviews. They have recently introduced a new menu with some unique and tasty additions.

Been there twice and the staff has always been friendly and service is quick.

This has become our favorite sushi place in Ottawa.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank andyottawa17
Ottawa, ON
“it's ok.. overpriced”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Food: Some of the items were good (looked/tasted like what I expected) such as tempura stuff, miso soup, edamame, fried chicken breast, pork siu mai, ice cream. Other things were disappointing/didn't taste like what I expected such as: teriyaki chicken (just a dry, grilled chicken breast with some sauce on it), general Tao (that sauce tastes nothing like what I expected but it was still edible), salad (dressing didn't taste like Japanese dressing at all). The eggplant seemed to be steamed instead of deep fried, so that is an improvement. Some items didn't exist - no fried pork chop (tonkatsu) or strawberry ice cream.

Atmosphere: nice and new and clean inside

Service: very nice and quick. We missed 1 ordered item: seaweed salad.

Price: a lot more expensive than Hockey Sushi for lunch ($16 vs. $13)

Overall: it's ok but I won't be rushing back there anytime soon unless friends want to go.

Stittsville, Canada
“Not as I expected”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I had been wanting to try this restaurant for a while since it opened and finally got the chance to do so. Unfortunately, my experience was nowhere near what I had expected. The way you order food, by looking through the menu and writing selections was kind of fun. However I would not have known what to do had I not been there with a friend who had visited before. The staff rushed to seat us and get drinks, then ran away and did not return for a long time. The food we ordered was excellent, so that's a plus, but they would remove the plates before we were actually done, leaving food or sauces still on it. There was little interaction between us and the staff and they seemed to be trying to get us out as quickly as possible, even though the place wasn't that busy. I had hoped my experience at Fusion would be better but unfortunately it was not.

Stittsville, Canada
“unpleasent experience”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My wife and I went to the new Fusion at Hazeldean road for the first time. We go to the one on bank street several times. It's a bit pricy, but the food quality is generally good. Our experience at the new location is totally the opposit. The food doesn't taste as good. There were two dishes that we didn't like, and couldn't finish it. When the waitress showed up to collect the empty dishes. She asked us why we didn't finish it. I told her what I thought of the food. And then she gave us this really silly look as if we were making excuses for not fishing it. It's really a mood killer. I don't think we will ever return.

• Visited May 2014