“Not as I expected”

Fusion Dim Sum & Sushi
Ranked #30 of 38 Restaurants in Stittsville
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I had been wanting to try this restaurant for a while since it opened and finally got the chance to do so. Unfortunately, my experience was nowhere near what I had expected. The way you order food, by looking through the menu and writing selections was kind of fun. However I would not have known what to do had I not been there with a friend who had visited before. The staff rushed to seat us and get drinks, then ran away and did not return for a long time. The food we ordered was excellent, so that's a plus, but they would remove the plates before we were actually done, leaving food or sauces still on it. There was little interaction between us and the staff and they seemed to be trying to get us out as quickly as possible, even though the place wasn't that busy. I had hoped my experience at Fusion would be better but unfortunately it was not.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

My wife and I went to the new Fusion at Hazeldean road for the first time. We go to the one on bank street several times. It's a bit pricy, but the food quality is generally good. Our experience at the new location is totally the opposit. The food doesn't taste as good. There were two dishes that we didn't like, and couldn't finish it. When the waitress showed up to collect the empty dishes. She asked us why we didn't finish it. I told her what I thought of the food. And then she gave us this really silly look as if we were making excuses for not fishing it. It's really a mood killer. I don't think we will ever return.

2  Thank junhui2014
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We went in for weekend brunch and by 12.20 it was almost full. The service was always very quick, food was hot and staff were very friendly and all smiles. The selection of food is huge ranging from sushi, dim sum, noodles, pancakes to ice cream. The price includes beverages which is great. Our favourite dishes were General Tao, prawn shui mai, sesame balls. The reason it gets 4 and not 5 stars is we twice didn't get the last item on our list and had to ask again for it, and there is no steamed pork dumplings. We can't wait to head back.

2  Thank F1y_away
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I love all you can eat sushi and usually ignore the "hot" food on the menu - don't make this mistake! The crispy beef and general tao's chicken is excellent!

1  Thank KarenLynnHarris
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I'd rate this restaurant somewhere between poor and average, possibly a C-.

It was not really lacking cleanliness as described in a other review but we were the 2nd couple in that morning - the place should have been spic and span and it could have been tidier.

The service was friendly if not a bit confused and confusing. Some things came quickly and some not and some were forgotten. I believe this may get ironed out with some more experience.

The food: we had dim sum. It wasn't spectacular but certainly acceptable. Highlights: The squid and the sesame balls. Lowlight: pork dumpling - the wrappers were too thick and nearly raw and some sort of odd seasoning.

Note: we didn't have sushi but saw several plates go by and they did look good.

One thing I find HIGHLY irritating: the price is higher for brunch on weekends. Only a $ or 2 but still annoying.

Summary: I won't be rushing back here anytime soon however seems like a good solution for a group that is looking for both dim and sushi.

1  Thank Carol_Eh_Ottawa