“Great fusion”

Kungfu Bistro
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Stittsville
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Chinese
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Kungfu Bistro...crossing paths with Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese...all causing Kungfusion! When you enter Kungfu, be prepared to be greeted by images of Bruce Lee, Mulan, or Jackie Chan. The ambiance and setting is a ying/yang of martial arts and delicate fusion of Oriental aromas (with no MSG added) that will sure to relax the mind and thrill the tastebuds. Relax in Kungfu's cozy seating, read up on Kungfu magazines or check out the Community Martial Arts area while you wait for your pick up order. Be prepared to be "Kungfused" with our menu of Chinese, Gluten Free Thai dishes, or Sushi during the evenings.
Ottawa, Canada
“Great fusion”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My colleagues and I ate in at this restaurant recently. It is a very interesting take on Chinese and Asian fusion. It is certainly tailored to Western tastes, but it certainly still has the Chinese food feeling. I traveled extensively and lived in Asia, so my standards are high, but for a fusion restaurant within Canada, this one is worth going to. I'm definitely going to go again.
There is no msg added to any of the dishes which is great, and there are several gluten free options. They do dumplings in a maple sauce which is a very nice appetizer. All the dishes we ordered were excellent, especially the golden chicken which was a mix of yellow and red curry, and the sweet and sour pork. The staff is very friendly and the restaurant very clean. Most dishes were in the $12-14 range and good portions. Lots of combo specials and takeout options.

• Visited April 2014

Ottawa, Canada
“Surprisingly good food!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is a place that might seem at first to have nothing going for it. It's in a strip mall, on the outskirts of the city, at the entrance of a suburban development, with a bit of a cheesy theme ("Kung Fu").

But what a surprise! The food here is great.

Hard to say why, but it just tastes good. Others must agree. Almost impossible to get in on a Friday or Saturday night. We tried getting in on a weekend evening, counted about 15 people working to handle the sit down, takeout and delivery volume. Incredible!

We usually just go online, order and then pickup (we really like General Tao's chicken and crispy beef).

Came here with a relative from China. She said the food was excellent (although not genuine Chinese food.)

It is a small place, that does take out and delivery as well.

• Visited March 2014
Ottawa,Canada
“Great Asian food in Stittsville”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Food was great. Asian with flair.Service was very friendly and ambience pleasant. Would go back and recommend to friends.

Visited November 2013
Stittsville, Canada
“Takeout experience”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

First impressions - the restaurant looks very clean and well organized so do not hesitate to go there and give them a try.

We ordered take out and I was not impressed. When I order takeout I expect it to last for several meals.

The crispy beef was tough and boring and I threw the rest out after one go at it.
The chow mein had no crispy noodles. It was good enough that I did finish it after the next few days.
The chicken harmony was OK. I finished that too over three days, but it dried up my mouth - is this too much MSG?
The chicken gai ding was OK too - but only OK - nothing to write home about.

This is an OK restaurant. Ir is clean and organized so don't be afraid to go there and I am glad it's here in Stittsville. But it could be so much better.

Will I go there again for takeout? Well I may and perhaps I picked the wrong dishes or the wrong night so I will give them one more try. I really want to support local restaurants (Stittsville has all too few - what's wrong with our town?). But they have to prove they are worth it.

I naturally have to compare this with the Lucky Dragon. I have issues with that too but it's too close to try to pick one over the other. The Lucky Dragon is clean and well organized too so I can't pick between them - only by the food and as of now I can't pick a favourite. My best advice is to try both for yourself, and enjoy and then post our impressions to this website.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Tony1666
Ottawa
“Great restaurant - tasty food, clean/new and great customer service”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The taste of the food, and the speed at which we were able to pick up the take out was EXCELLENT!!!

Not only did we really like the food, but even the kids who can sometimes be picky really loved their food.

We've given them feed back for "Kungfu For ONE" take out to allow customer to pick either the eggroll or the vegetarian spring roll (for those that don't eat pork). And the very nice Manager said she will look into it.

However (whether they make this change or not) - we will STILL visit this restaurant again because of the great food, clean new restaurant, great customer service and very reasonable prices.

Glad that the west end finally has a higher quality Asian food restaurant!!!

• Visited September 2013