“A favorite”

Cabotto's Restauranr
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Stittsville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A West end landmark for over forty years, Cabotto’s is a family owned and operated establishment. Set in a nineteenth-century sophisticated three storey, stone heritage house with six separate dining areas and two fireplaces. The epitome of class and elegance Cabotto’s is recognized as an ultimate destination for fine Italian food. Although the style is upscale, the atmosphere is casual and the price is reasonable.
Ottawa, Canada
“A favorite”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is my favorite haunt for an exceptional meal and great service. Staff are on the ball and friendly. What ever I have had on those occasions that mean to impress my guest, they have stepped up on the same reliable service. You have got to go.

Visited September 2013

Stittsville, Canada
“An extraordinary Stittsville institution.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We celebrated our 25th anniversary here and have been going on and off for 15 years. They do not change. The customer is the center of the universe! Their service is outstanding. Their food is amazing. This is the place to linger and enjoy. Their food is made by chefs who enjoy their roles and when you want something slightly different from the menu, they are more than happy to make you happy.
We love it. It is the place to be a regular in stittsville.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank bbcc1313
Ottawa
“My family's "go to" restaurant for celebrations”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My family would be considered one of the regulars. We have patronized this place for our special celebrations, be it a birthday, anniversary or even deaths.

We have never had a bad meal. Service has always been excellent and personal.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank OttawaPrincessRose
Ottawa, Canada
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We've been here quite a few times over the years. They have an established clientele so the place is always pretty busy. Why? I am not sure. This place is nothing special and the food has, in my opinion, gone down over the years. Of note: if you are ordering a tomato sauce dish: be prepared!!! It will be very very concentrated tomato-paste-ish.... Even their so called rose sauce is seriously lacking cream! As such, unless you love intense, overwhelming tomato-paste-ish flavour: BEWARE. Some of the dishes we've had in the past were not up to snuff. By the way, my wife did send back her rose sauce to lighten/rose it up a little because quite frankly, if she wanted tomato sauce, she would have ordered tomato sauce. We were taken aback when the waiter suggested she try it anyway because "that is the way they make rose sauce".... well, last time we checked, rose was rose and red was red. If the customer doesn't like it and send it back to the kitchen, FIX IT. Don't try and convince them that this is really what they wanted!!!! Overall, not impressed by food & service. I attribute the fact they have loyal clientele to the fact that it is an older crowd satisfied with proximity to their homes rather than quality

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Schnaffer
Ottawa, ON
“slow and noisy”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Hadn't been here in over a decade. Went for a birthday.

The kitchen & staff simply cannot accommodate the number of customers when the restaurant is full to capacity. It looks like there are about 100 seats in the restaurant (including upstairs). I was totally smushed - people on both sides pressing on me. It felt like being on an aircraft. It took 1.5 hours to get our appetizers, and another 0.5 hours to get the main courses. Water was never refilled until approx the 2.5 hour mark. It is so noisy due to the high number of people/parties talking. Very overwhelming.

Couldn't find plain spaghetti marinara on the menu (I saw only with meat balls) and even the lasagna was described as containing hard boiled eggs and meat balls, so I didn't order my usual Italian restaurant go-to items. Best part for me: appetizers and desserts. The others were happy with their meals.

Warning: Large group: 15% tip added automatically... also parking very tight.

• Visited June 2013