“Great Burgers, A Tad Pricey”
Review of Five Guys

Five Guys
Ranked #8 of 36 Restaurants in Stittsville
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My wife and I love Five Guys. We're burger aficionados who seek out the best burgers in Eastern Canada and New England. Five Guys ranks and there, and local haunt is a fun place to visit. And the fries are awesome.

On the big plus is superb staff who cater to my wife's tomato allergy and who are fast, efficient and courteous. On the minus is too much air conditioning and loud rock music. We love rock, but not at 120 DB.

Our two beefs are: 1) hamburger buns that are always wrinkled when you remove the tinfoil wrapper, and b) prices that are excessively high. The price hike of a few months ago was well above the consumer price index. Raise them again and we'll start visiting Wendys.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The food was very greasy! We ate there once, we will never eat there again! I can't tell you how gross this food was!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

A very minor step up from any other burger fast food joint.
Aside from the burgers being made with meat, there is nothing positive I can say.

Sides at an additional cost.
SOOOO greasy, you can quite literally see through the paper bag.

If I'm going to spend that much on a burger, I'll go to The Works, where I have far more options in terms of meat/veggie/toppings/sides/drinks.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We tried Five Guys after hearing from several people that they were the best burgers around. I was surprised to find out that this was sort of a fast food joint and not a real restaurant, but that was ok.

We each ordered a burger (not realizing that the regular burgers came with two patties, which was huge.) Most of us couldn't finish our burger... The toppings were great, but my daughter's hot dog was so overloaded with condiments she didn't like it.

The fries were great - real PEI potatoes, and it was neat to see the sign on the wall that showed you where today's potatoes came from: the farm of so-and-so from Souris, PEI. Neat.

All in all, I'm torn between giving this place a 3 or 4 star, and am opting for 3 since I found the meal very expensive: $37 for a family of four (two adults, two kids.)

Might go back sometime, but not in a hurry...

1  Thank Trillium_Family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stopping with the family. Customer service was rude and unhelpful. Cleaned off a table for us to eat at then hesitated to finishing my mushy burger and greasy fries as I watched a staff member half heartedly "clean". She used the same rag for counters, garbage can lids, the washroom THEN tables. The floors were filthy as well. So many amazing choices in the same area I will not make this mistake again.