My husband, 18 month old daughter and I went for lunch at the Cricketers today (Easter Bank Holiday) and left feeling very disappointed and will not be returning again in a hurry.
Here is a summary of a rather unpleasant 1 1/2 hours;
- We were greeted by an abrupt middle-aged lady (maitre d'? who was also our waitress)
- Our table was between the toilets and the main entrance. As expected, it was fully booked so we had traffic opening and closing the door to the side of us aswell as people constantly back and forth to the toilets behind us.
- The menu was very uninspiring
- After ordering, the waitress returned to our table and advised my husband that his menu choice was no longer available so he chose another dish
- We waited for over half an hour for our meal
- When the meal arrived, I was served my husbands original choice and he was served his second choice. It was infact my meal which was no longer available. The waitress could only apologise and said If I wanted another option I would have to wait another half an hour for it to be cooked.
- There was a hair in our vegetable side dish
- We couldnt even bring ourselves to wait around for pudding and promtly paid and left. There was no discount applied to the bill or offer of desert or in fact any decent form of customer service given that I had been served and paid full price for a meal that I hadn't even chosen which was served to me due to a staff error.
- The highchair provided for my daughter looked like a contraption from the middle ages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A delightful 16th-century English country inn with award-winning food and accommodation, roaring log fires, beamed ceilings, well-kept cask ales and a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Seasonal menu choices are offered every day on our menu and in addition to these choices, we offer lots of lovely daily 'Specials.' We include lots of fresh fish, home made pasta and always a roast on a Sunday. You can enjoy a snack, two course or a full three course meal in relaxed and cosy surroundings. The rooms are individually decorated and furnished to a high standard, in a cottage or contemporary style. All rooms have the facilities of a modern hotel room, including free wireless internet access, and all at a reasonable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your The Cricketers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cricketers Hotel Clavering