I can't say enough about this place. My girlfriend and I just spent 5 nights here and we had a wonderful experience. The Hacienda is beautiful, and authentic unlike any other hotel we've ever seen. The service is FABULOUS....they are very friendly, courteous, and always looking for any way to make your stay better. For instance, they prepared a surprise for us on our last night, setting up a trail of lanterns and flower petals down a path from the terrace restaurant to the garden where they had set up a table for us under a beautiful tree. The food is fantastic, with authentic Mayan influences, and the waiters love to describe the traditional ingredients and modes of preparation for each dish, flower arrangement, whatever it may be that you find around the grounds.
The town around the Hacienda is poverty stricken, and I'll admit is sad to drive through. However, the Haciendas of the region started an initiative for sustainable tourism and community development, providing employment, training, medical services, microcredit, etc., to the poor Mayan towns of the region. The Haciendas, it seemed to us, are doing the most of anyone to help these people who have been oppressed for hundreds of years. Seeing how much the Haciendas help the people of the town only made us happier to stay there, knowing that our patronage was helping this initiative. You will also have the ability to buy great, handmade Mayan crafts.
When you go, buy a travel guide to the Yucatan to find all of the great activities of the region. You will want to rent a car, and go to the Mayan ruins, cenotes (underground caves you swim in - magical), and colonial towns.
Get a room with a terrace if you can!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the heart of the Mayan archeological zone, Hacienda Santa Rosa, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Santa Rose showcases its splendid building from the mid-19th century. Formerly an important property of the nobility, the structure has become a luxurious residence through the generations. Just a 50 minute drive from Merida’s International Airport, our hotel in Santa Rose, Yucatan, Mexico is surrounded by natural beauties such as the Calcehtok and Oxkintok Caves, and cultural sites such as the Ruins of Uxmal and the town of Becal. An enormous door, meters and meters high, gives access to this wonderful hacienda which has 11 comfortable guest rooms and suites. Hammocks and wicker chairs, a private terrace and a garden make this place a perfect spot to live an unforgettable experience. Its aloe field is home to a Mayan style little house where one can enjoy enchanting moments outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hacienda Santa Rosa, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Santa Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Santa Rosa Merida
- Hacienda Santa Rosa Hotel Merida
- Hacienda Santa Rosa, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Santa Rosa Mexico/Maxcanu