Having been to other notable resorts that have not met my expectations, we departed for Wolgan Valley hoping this time would be different. And different it was. From the moment you arrive, you feel calm, relaxed and in awe of the masterpiece in front of you.
The detail and effort that have gone into this beautiful resort appear effortless. Details such as the original fence posts from the property forming the reception wall, to pieces of metal found in the original homestead being turned into charming pieces of art and furniture, this resort is truely unique.
The scenery is spectacular and never fails to impress no matter you look. The buildings and suites also impress. The suites are very large and spacious, but features like the two-way fireplace and over-sized ottoman make them warm and cosy. Not to mention the Nespresso machine! Ladies, who needs a walk-in robe when you have your own dressing room! And then there is the bathroom, complete with slate tiles and a walk through shower with sunlight!
The mountain bikes and boot cupboard on the porch are the perfect finishing touches. Although each suite has it's very own swimming pool, the resort pool is a standout.
The food was amazing and Ben matched it perfectly with local wines.
The staff were fantastic, lead by GM Joost and made you feel welcome and looked after.
I was lucky enough to have my boyfriend propose while we were there, I couldn't think of a more perfect place for it to happen! Now, it is not a want to go back, it is a need!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley offers the rare opportunity to experience true luxury in a spectacular Australian bush setting. The property borders the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage wilderness region, just 190kms from Sydney. Nestled between two National Parks and spread out at the foot of towering cliffs, Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is set within its own private conservation and wildlife reserve. The resort itself occupies just two percent of the total land area of 7,000 acres and its design, reminiscent of traditional rural Australian homesteads, reflects a timeless appeal and a natural sense of place in the vast and dramatic landscape of the Wolgan Valley. The 40 individual suites each have their own private deck and indoor / outdoor swimming pool. The main homestead offers distinctive dining, luxury facilities and the stand-alone Timeless Spa features six double treatment rooms, and a range of signature treatments. The seclusion of Wolgan Valley creates a natural sanctuary where guests can relax and explore in unsurpassed luxurious comfort. This is the quintessential luxury Australian bush experience - a unique blend of wildlife, dramatic natural beauty, conservation, heritage in a spectacular Australian bush setting, which can be explored through a range of activities including four wheel drives, heritage tours, wildlife spotting and horse riding. All meals are included in the tariff with a strong focus on regional and seasonal produce, and where possible organic ingredients are used. Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is a member of One&Only Resorts and Luxury Lodges of Australia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wolgan Valley Resort And Spa
- Wolgan Valley Hotel Blue Mountains