As frequent fliers with Emirates we were interested to see how the Wolgan Valley Resort would be presented as an Australian experience to visitors from around the world. Hence our visit to the Resort shortly before the official opening.
Wolgan Valley is a picturesque Australian location with an authentic heritage relating to early settlement dating from 1832. Building the Resort here was an inspired decision.
The Resort is a masterpiece in every way. The design of both the main services building which nestles into the side of a hill, as well as the guest residences is environmentally compatable. The buildings and their decor are stunning with furniture, equipment and art work of the finest quality. Nothing has been spared in presenting a unique Australian venue for the comfort and enjoyment of guests.
The food is gourmet and, together with the wine, is sourced mainly from the local area. Dining was always an enjoyable experience.
We found all of the staff including the General Manager, the Executive staff, the dining room staff, the reception and courier staff. the field staff as well as the housekeepers to be friendly, attentative and competent. It was a pleasure to deal with them and to see their enthusiasm and commitment to the success of the Resort.
It is commendable that so much has been done to showcase the heritage buildings so that guests may understand some of Australia's fascinating history. The guided tour of these buildings and the feeling of having walked in the footsteps of Charles Darwin, who visited the homestead in 1836, makes for a rich historical experience.
From the activities on offer such as wildlife safaris, mountain bike riding, picnics, bushwalking, heritage tours, swimming or horse riding, it is possible for guests in any age group to select suitable activities.
Our visit to Wolgan Valley was certainly memorable and far exceeded our expectations. We are now being asked about the Resort by our friends and are pleased to be able to assure them that Wolgan Valley is a world class resort and an experience not to be missed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley offers the rare opportunity to experience true luxury in a spectacular Australian bush setting. The property borders the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage wilderness region, just 190kms from Sydney. Nestled between two National Parks and spread out at the foot of towering cliffs, Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is set within its own private conservation and wildlife reserve. The resort itself occupies just two percent of the total land area of 7,000 acres and its design, reminiscent of traditional rural Australian homesteads, reflects a timeless appeal and a natural sense of place in the vast and dramatic landscape of the Wolgan Valley. The 40 individual suites each have their own private deck and indoor / outdoor swimming pool. The main homestead offers distinctive dining, luxury facilities and the stand-alone Timeless Spa features six double treatment rooms, and a range of signature treatments. The seclusion of Wolgan Valley creates a natural sanctuary where guests can relax and explore in unsurpassed luxurious comfort. This is the quintessential luxury Australian bush experience - a unique blend of wildlife, dramatic natural beauty, conservation, heritage in a spectacular Australian bush setting, which can be explored through a range of activities including four wheel drives, heritage tours, wildlife spotting and horse riding. All meals are included in the tariff with a strong focus on regional and seasonal produce, and where possible organic ingredients are used. Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is a member of One&Only Resorts and Luxury Lodges of Australia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wolgan Valley Resort And Spa
- Wolgan Valley Hotel Blue Mountains