Club Surf Popoyo
Machele's Place(Tola)(Great Value!)
$78
Hotel Brio(Playa Gigante)(Great Value!)
$31
Aqua Wellness Resort(Playa Redonda)
$174
$104
Hotel Punta Teonoste(Tola)(Great Value!)
$199
$145
  • Breakfast included
Mukul Beach Golf & Spa(Playa Manzanillo)
$400
Official Website
$365
Hotels.com
Arte-Sano Hotel Cafe(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
$80
Casa Bahia Hotel(Playa Marsella)
$63
$60
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspizzahis wifeplace to staytiramisuexcellent locationgreat foodair conditioningawesome staffevery mealpoint breakplace is greatwe loved our stayprivate bathroomfilippoboattripsspots
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2010

This hotel is right on the beach with a sweet surf break right out front or a point break a bit further up the coast all within a short walk. I spent the first few nights in SJDS looking at real estate and picked this place to spend the last few days of my trip surfing. I was really happy from the very beginning. The owners (Filipo and Barbara) are from Italy and picked me up in person to bring me to the hotel. The hotel has everything I needed from a low price tag, clean, 24-hour security, accepts credit cards w/o surcharges, excellent food and great ambiance. The other hotels in the area are more "surfer hostel" types and although that might have worked for me when I was younger, at age 43 I found this more my speed. The real bonus was the authentic Italian wood fired pizzas made by Filipo and Barbara right in their outdoor kitchen! Who would have thought I would have the best pizza in my life in Nicaragua!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank surferpat
Reviewed August 21, 2010

This beach front spot is ideal for travelers who want to catch some waves, relax in the hammocks, or drink a "cold one". The service was laid back, but accommodating while the restaurant menu sported a wide variety of dishes. We enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and chilled out people we met.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaxStraughan
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I went to Nicaragua, Popoyo, in the summer of 2008. I got the contact from a friend that had stayed at this espectacular hotel a year before and i had the best trip ever! The hotel is located at the beach front, maybe 10 metres away from the beach, has a great accomodation, confort, and the best restaurant in the world!!! I was with my brother and a friend, and we had the time of our lives! We surfed everyday, the hotel itself gan get you into the best boattrips in the region, and can get you also by land to every surf spots. We soon became friends with all the staff, and particullarly with the owner, Fillipo, a great fried that showed us around the sites, the beaches, and welcomed us the best way, as fri ends. Therefore i recommendthat if you are going to nicaragua, and this particular region of Popoyo, for a surf trip, adventure or even a honeymoon, this is the place!
High quality accomodation, the best of food around, a great staff, and a owner that is commited to get you the best deal in every situation. A MUST GO! Gracias Fillipo! Hasta breve!

Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank mitchbuk
Reviewed May 23, 2010

.15 days at Club Surf Popoyo have been incredible, 2 weeks of fun, surf, tours and great food! The staff is very competent and friendly! The hotel is built as a colonial house typical of Nicaragua with a big garden with tropical plants and flowers. The restaurant is an open air palm rancho, really cool and fresh! The menu of the restaurant offers a wide selection of Italian delicacies, try the "linguine a la pescatora"! The rooms are very cozy and comfortable, air-conditioning equipped, private bathroom and free fast wifi! Our vacation at Club Surf Popoyo was unforgettable! The next year we' ll came back to this small hotel, a real oceanfront paradise in Nicaragua!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunsurfsun
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I went there on 2008 and had an awesome time... The hotel was the best in the area by far, right next to the beach where the surf is. Comfortable rooms, with a/c - important, and the best food hands down... Pork, fish, filet mignon, everything, and is pretty cheap!
Never thought i'd comeback, but my stay on 2008 was so good that I returned on 2009 and had great time again! The owner, Fillipo, great guy, funny, he gives you a good treat!

As I said, the best hotel-posada in the area!

You must know is not a city hotel, its a beach hotel for surfers, couples.... Really good

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends