“A home away from home.”
other travelers have booked this property
kitchen futon
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
kitchen
futon
kitchen/entry
pools, as seen from terrace
living
kitchen
living
terrace
queen bed
queen bed
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Ridgewood, New York
“A home away from home.”
Reviewed March 20, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

I want to, and have to start this review by complimenting my host and the owner of the vacation rental Kendra Loomis. From the moment I made my reservations for the vacation rental, until the end of our vacation we, (me and my adult son) felt like we were in a home away from home. And that's not only due to the type of rental, but to the host and owner herself. We were picked up late by the car rental shuttle, but Kendra was there waiting to greet us and explain where we could find everything in and at the rental. Verbally, and via printed instructions. But her hospitality went even further. By having provisions at the rental that are clearly unexpected, especially if you're getting in late!. I have stayed at some of the best hotels in the US that have never made me feel this good about a stay at their property! Lastly, I just want to say that if you're looking for comfort and convenience, without the institutional and commercial feel one can get from hotels, then Kendra's vacation rentals are the way to go! And yes, not only will I be making return trips in the future. But I will also recommend them to my family and friends. Again, Thank You Kendra.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The feel of the property
Liked least: Laundry room machines are pricey.
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
AlyJatta
Seattle, Washington
“Beautiful Condo with Great Amenities in center of Isla Verde Beach, San Juan, Puerto Rico”
Reviewed July 8, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

I was recently in San Juan, Puerto Rico for a conference and wanted to stay on the beach, but didn’t have the budget for the El San Juan Hotel or Intercontinental. So I booked this studio at the Coral complex on Isla Verde Beach, which is literally right next door to the Intercontinental and one building away from the El San Juan! I was very impressed with this condo: tastefully decorated with all the amenities of home including blender, coffee-maker, Greca, toaster, grill, beach chairs, a cooler, hair dryer, iron, etc. I was not sure how stocked this place would be, but I didn’t need to bring or buy many of the things that I would usually have to provide for myself in an apartment stay. There was dish soap, hand soap, lotion, Kleenex, paper towels, toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc. Kendra, who is very knowledgeable about the area and eager to share, also left some breakfast items (eggs, bread, milk, juice, Puerto Rican coffee) and other beverages, including Don-Q rum and Medalla (the local beer). So awesome and much appreciated! The refrigerator is an older style, but makes huge quantities of ice and has a filter system on the water-line. The towels were like new and high-end (Lacoste), including the bathroom set. The shower had good water pressure and there is a handicap bar. There was plenty of space in the closet for my things, as well as drawer space in the living room. The TV is a decent size, with numerous movie options. There is also a wireless speaker to listen to music. The Internet worked perfectly and there is a landline telephone.

I loved the swimming pool, which is really big for a condo pool, and I never had more than one or two people in the pool with me each time I swam. The view of the beach and pool from the terrace is also spectacular. I did find a Canadian vacationer to play a game of tennis with and the courts are in very good condition. The basketball court looked nice too and there is a ball in the condo. The beach is beautiful, pretty flat at this end and very relaxing. I enjoyed walking on the beach in the early mornings.

This place has a sofa bed that opens really easily, and a futon, which is a bit more trouble. I did try both and found them quite comfortable. There is one mattress-topper too, which really increased the comfort level. The split-unit air conditioning cools the place in no time and when it is not 90 degrees, the ceiling fan alone is perfect.

There are numerous seating options with two tables, each with two chairs, and two more comfortable chairs on the terrace, as well. I read a lot during my stay and I felt very safe there. The building security is tight and the condo has a locking iron gate on the outside of the door. The people I encountered throughout the property, whether workers or residents/tenants, were all very nice. I felt welcome.

I went to the El San Juan Hotel a couple of evenings to people watch and enjoy the late-night live music. After one late night, the black-out shades were a real hit in the a.m. There were also numerous options for eating out; fast food and fine dining. I loved Metropol, a Cuban restaurant a few blocks away, and Mi Casita in the shopping court across the street has a complete breakfast for $2.99! Service is slow, but the food was good. I also enjoyed the Chinese restaurant in the Verdanza hotel, Y.H. Yee’s. Excellent spicy orange shrimp! Yum! There is a 24 hour mini-market in the shopping plaza, a neat tourist shop, Subway, etc. There is also a huge Pueblo grocery store about a ten minute walk away. Ditto for a Walgreen’s, which is about ten minutes in the other direction. I did cook some meals and the cute little stove has plenty of cooking space. I loved the parrot tiles in the kitchen! The oven worked as expected for baking a pizza and the George Forman made an excellent grilled chicken breast. There is not a lot of prep. space in the kitchen, but I made do.

The bus runs right past the building to go to Old San Juan and it only costs 75 cents, so I really didn’t need to rent a car. The international airport is very close too. You can’t really hear it, but you can see the entry from the terrace. The condo is compact, but not crowded and I had a wonderful stay and found it to be an excellent value. I only wish that I could have stayed longer and that my husband could have joined me on the trip.

Liked best: The Location! And Host:Kendra
Liked least: Time was too short there.
Traveling group: Solo
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Lucia O
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed June 12, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

This is a great unit with a view of the pool and the beach. The apartment was in top shape and the owner is a wonderful, kind, generous, friendly person. She had even bought us food for breakfast! The condo is one of the best in Isla Verde, kept in top condition and the staff are all very nice. There is a shopping plaza right in front of the building with a well stock convenient store. It is located next to the Intercontinental Hotel which has a great bar right on the beach.

This is the third time I travel to PR and this was the best place to stay. If you are a responsible adult this place is for you.

Kendra, the owner, rocks!

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: There was nothing to dislike
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing