“Great Value price” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great Value price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

The staff was wonderful, the hotel was nice looking, and the hotel's restaurant served good food.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Hebrew first
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

I stayed two nights for the first time. I found it to be comfortable and it had everything I needed. The pool and jacuzzi were clean and fun. The room, with a king size bed seemed fine. It is not a luxury hotel. The sheets and towels were changed each day. The room had a balcony which I enjoyed. It also had a refrigerator, coffee maker, and hair dryer. The bed mattress was too soft for me as I like a firm mattress. I used one of three of their restaurants, the 80/20 Bistro for breakfast which was a buffet for $12.00. It was adequate, nothing fancy but I had enough to eat. I also purchased drinks from the bar at the bistro. I would say they are somewhat expensive. Approximately $6.00 each.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

The room we had was a little small, but you shouldn't spend much time in your room while in Puerto Rico anyway. The staff at the desk was awesome to my wife and me. They recommended places to eat and helped with directions. The hotel is close to some good resaturates and the beach. There are bus stops close by that will take you to Old San Juan or if you want you can get a cab very easily.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

The power was on and off all night and finally stayed off the morning after therefore NO AC and it gets hot fast. No hot water even after letting the water run for 10 mins. The phone was broken and the hotel MGR Juan could care less what happened to my room and stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2011

My husband recently had a business trip and so I went with him and we stayed at the Verdanza Hotel. Wasn't overly impressed and found the hotel to be an average hotel. The lobby area was very nice but the rooms were outdated. We are generally a pretty easier going couple and very rarely change rooms but we had to do so at Verdanza. Our first room we got there was a bunch of hairs in the bathroom (ew!), the remote control didn't work which was proabably due to the batteries, but when we tried to call down to get new batteries, the phone wasn't working either. There would be a dial tone, but when we dialed to Front Desk, or Housekeeping, it just went dead and would take forever before the dial tone came back up again. The sink also seemed to be clogged. So we got a new room which was a bit better but not by much. Our sink worked on and off during our stay and the water was lukewarm in our shower at best. There were cracks in the walls and the tub had mildew. The bed was also too hard for my liking. All in all I don't feel we got good value for our money. It was only an ok hotel. The plus is that it is only a short distance from the beach but perhaps we went at a bad time, but the area was quite dead. Besides the beach there really isn't anything else to do in the immediate vicinity. Cabs are expensive, we took a 15-20 min cab ride to the Plaza des Americas and it cost us US$20. Luckily we had already seen Old San Juan, as I can only assume the cost would have been a lot more to go out there. I had wanted to take a tour the day of my husband's meeting but the hotel didn't really offer a huge variety of tours. The one tour to Ponce that I wanted to take wasn't offered the day I could go, the only other tour was one to El Yunque and a snorkeling tour but those ones didn't really appeal to me. If you want to stay close to the airport then this is a good location but beyond that I don't know if I would recommend it as there isn't a whole lot to do in that area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
ON, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

We really enjoyed this hotel for a night before and after our cruise. Excellent staff, food and pool/hot tub area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Batesville, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Verdanza one night before and one night after a cruise. It was very close to the airport as the taxi fare was only $10 for two plus $1 per piece of luggage. However, it wasn't that convenient for the ship dock; the fare was $20 for two plus $1 per piece of luggage. But for the price it was definitely worth it as hotels in Old San Juan are quite expensive during the holidays.

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful (except for restaurant staff in the Bistro.) This hotel actually has 3 restaurants and a cafe which was convenient in the morning.

There is a nice, large size swimming pool, hot tub, and the beach is just a few minutes walk in a nice area.

We love our room. We had a King Poolside room which a LARGE balcony. The room was clean and the bed was fantastic. The only thing is... if you are going to stay in one of the poolside cabanas, be prepared to walk quite a ways. They are located in a building separate from the main building and there are no elevators, so you have to carry your luggage up and down the stairs.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
ESJ Azul
ESJ Azul
#11 of 13 in Isla Verde
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel

Been to Verdanza Hotel? Share your experiences!