“A good deal.”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Rockville, Maryland
“A good deal.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great hotel for kids. We have a 13/14 yr old. boy/girl. They loved the pool and hot-tub. They even used the cold water in the splash playground to make the hot-tub feel even hotter. It's also a very short walk to one of the most beautiful beaches in Puerto Rico. All the staff were very courteous and helpful. Being close to the airport makes it convenient and it's a perfect starting point for all your travels on the island, because the highway runs right behind it. You can jump on immediately and head west toward Old San Juan and the caves and observatories on the west side, or get on a few blocks down the local road to go east to the rainforest and popular snorkeling/scuba/marine adventures in the east. The rooms were adequate, though my double bed was rather soft. Rooms had a refrigerator which was perfect with hungry teenage kids But we didn't come to PR to sit in a hotel room. We left mid morning each day and returned late at night. If you want a luxury hotel room to sit in all day, go somewhere else. And parking your rental car is $10 per day at the hotel. But the freedom it gives you to explore the island on your own timetable is worth every penny. And have a real Puerto Rican meal at the "Home Bar" in the lobby. The owner greeted us personally at our table and took our picture. The meal was superb.

Room Tip: We were in the main building on the 4th floor overlooking the pool. We couldn't see the ocean f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 900RichardG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here with our family back in December.
The hotel is located about 5 mins. from the airport, which was convenient. The hotel is also 2 blocks from a very nice beach, so that was convenient.
The service was excellent, everyone was polite and helpful. The rooms are average, since the hotel is a bit older, the rooms are a bit tight and somewhat outdated. They have a pool area with a kids water park which was FANTASTIC for our son (and ourselves too).
It was a great stay at an affordable price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We got a very good rate compared to other hotels near the airport. Request a pool side room, they are nicer than staying in the main building. Nice clean room, beautiful pool area to relax in, they also have a large hot tub.

• Stayed April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We hoped to be able to check in early but they were not able to prepare a room until exactly 3pm. Luckily, there were a lot of places nearby to keep us busy; a beautiful beach, restaurants, and casinos. We stayed at a poolside room and it was small. The king size bed filled up the whole main room. The shower area was tiny and the water pressure was weak. Luckily, it was sunny everyday we were there so we didn't spend too much time indoors. The pool area was nice. You're given a towel card at check-in that you can exchange for a towel. Unfortunately, in order to exchange the towel you had to go back to the front desk.
If you stay here, RENT A CAR. The drivers are not as crazy as I've heard. (but then again I'm from Chicago..haha) It costs only $10 a day to park - unlimited ins and outs. A taxi costs $42 RT to Old San Juan which is about 20 min. away while parking cost less than $2 an hour.

Room Tip: Pool side!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I was traveling with my mom and daughter to get away for the Easter weekend and I was so looking forward to staying here because I had stayed here years ago when it was the caribe inn and couldn't wait to see what my experience would like this time around and thankfully it was more than what I expected! Cab ride from airport is less than 10 minutes which is always a plus after a long plane ride....Hotel is bright and inviting!! Pool is great and beach proximity is excellent! Walgreens is 5 minutes away and restaurants to choose from all walking distance! Rooms are clean! Now for why I am really writing this review....my daughter came down with a wicked cough that was literally uncontrollable. We arrived on a Saturday and by Monday my daughter was beyond sick...the nicest staff at the front desk (kicking myself for not writing down names) advised me that they had a doctor who does in house visits and that if I wanted she could have him come check on my four year old and possibly prescribe something for her....I jumped on the suggestion and Dr Seda was there in 20 minutes! He prescribed a cough medicine and it calmed her for the most part...now being in a room on the 5th floor was a bit depressing for my mom and I being that we really couldn't go to the pool or do any site seeing because of my daughter so I requested if we could be moved to one of the rooms by the pool with a balcony so we could get some "outdoor" feeling time being that we couldn't really go out. The staff did not hesitate to help us make good of this already stressful vacation....one of the girls at the front desk even called us to see how my daughter was doing! I was so happy to know that I stayed at a hotel that has a staff that actually cares for people...it means more to me to know I stay somewhere that I'm treated more than a room number. So if you do too stay here and you won't go wrong....I am Puerto Rican and I've vacationed every here at least twice a year and from now on this will be my "people person hotel" of choice from now on! Thank you Verdanza! And by the way my daughter is back to healthy mode so we will be back soon to enjoy the pool and your other wonderful amenities !

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel, short walk to beach, good pool, but smaller than pictures. Hotel is older, but has been repainted, good service, but not overly attentive. I stayed there alone, in a garden pool view and felt very safe. Lots of families, and the kids can get a bit loud if ur on the garden level facing the pool. Also the music that the hotel plays outside doesnt stop until sometimes after 9pm, which can be a bit annoying if youre trying to relax early.

• Stayed April 2013
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before heading farther out on the island. I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the airport, and it ended up being very close indeed. The staff was very helpful upon arrival, and check in smooth and quick. The rooms were large and clean, and very comfortable. The grounds and pool are also very clean and inviting. This was a great choice for us to start our vacation off on the right foot, and would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed March 2013
ESJ Azul
ESJ Azul
#11 of 13 in Isla Verde
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel

Been to Verdanza Hotel? Share your experiences!