“San Juan Puerto Rico” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Isla Verde
Lake Orion, Michigan
“San Juan Puerto Rico”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Centerally located, Verdanza was beautiful. The grounds were well kept. Pool and hot tub were clean and the landscape around the pool was breathtaking. Many colorful flowers and ornate shubs all around. Staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were adaquate and space for storage. We had a coffee maker, refrigerator, safe, hair dryer and even an ironing board and iron. The hotel had several restaurants on the premises and within walking distance to downtown and the beach. We felt the hotel was close to so much. A bus trip to old San Juan was 75 cents. We took a trolley for free and went to a fort made of stone. Very interesting history and a beautiful senic view

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MsItalian48360

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Hebrew first
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My partner and I both enjoyed the hospitality and warmth of the Verdanza Hotel front office and restaurant staff. We were able to change rooms without a hassle and received several treats sent to our room (brie en croute; cheese and fruit plate; and Valentine's Day dipped chocolate strawberries). There were many smiles from all of the hotel personnel seeing to our special needs. I enjoyed meeting hotel staff at the cocktail party and my partner and I both enjoyed the Valentine's Day meal deliciously served on the 8th floor deck. BTW, before the meal we enjoyed the jazz combo in the event room while drinking the special Rodanza cocktails. We also rented a car from Herman over at the Dollar Rent a Car booth and he was as kind and gracious as he could be. He gave us a great rate for the week and had one of his employees drive us to the airport on departure day. All and all, we had a memorable trip and we'll try to get back in the next few years for another visit to PR as travel seems to take us all over the globe.

Room Tip: Suites are very large; executive rooms on the top floor are small but have nice ocean views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christopher M
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Extremely convenient location near the airport and the beach. Plenty of food options in the restaurant. Nice, quiet pool and patio. Edgar and the rest of the staff were extremely kind and helpful. 5 minute walk (2 blocks) to the beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The hotel was nice enough, but the staff (especially Alfred) went above and beyond to make the experience excellent. There were 4 restaurants in the lobby and one cafe. You could walk to the beach, casino, and countless restaurants in less than 5 minutes. Also, the 5 bus to take you to Old San Juan is one block up. Excellent location!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chelda
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

This is the 12th hotel I stayed at in San Juan in the last 2 years and will never go back to this place! I very seldom neat pick on my reviews but from my recent experience, its quite unavoidable.
It was a last minute decision to go for the. weekend, but I still did my comparison check (as I always do) with 3 travel websites, comparing price & reviews. Got a good price at Orbitz, this hotel was rated 4 star and I thought I had a deal.
It started when I got to my room. It was at the third floor outside the main tower, that has no elevators. From the street, you can see who comes in and out of your room, similar to a MOTEL set-up. I open the sliding closet but its stucked outside the slider. I fixed it, and I see the safety deposit box on the closet floor, off the stand where it belongs. These are metal bars sticking out from the inside wall that can potentially hurt anyone who's not careful. I looked for a luggage cart so I can lay my small luggage, none in the room. I ignored it and I go to the bedroom area, turned on the lamps, no lights! Both were unplugged and 1 has a busted bulb...(ok, deep breathe), I open the balcony door since the Front desk Agent described a beautiful view of the pool, guess what?
NO VIEW on rm 1201. There were foliage covering the whole view of the pool. By this time, I was already so tired to be upset since I just came from a business trip. I took a shower and after I finish, shower knob fell to the tub floor! I went to the bed area to make a call, no phone? Oh, its across the bed---next to the tv! I crash and just rested my frustration away. After 2 hours sleep, I complained to the front desk and requested another room. Agent says to check the following day, since fully booked and will just send Maintenance over. I was just staying for 2 nights and would not want to move everyday so I stucked it out in rm 1201 and told myself never to return. Everything was fixed, however shower control was not the same (it gets cold on the hot side). It continues, at 5 am, my phone rang, and I am in the middle of my sleep BUT had to get up since phone is across from bed. Agent rings me up for a wake up call I never requested! Wrong room...wow!
During the day, I go to the pool. No towels. Have to go to front desk for towels but they were out! Pool was half full. Agent says towels will be delivered but waited 15minutes, no towels! I cannot lay on pool chairs since not the cleanest, so had to go back to my third floor room and use a bath towel.

Except for the clean sheets and the tub in the room, and "trying to help staff", this was my worst hotel experience...unfortunately!

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank mauikit
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

recently traveled with a group had to change rooms twice=many of the rooms have a mildew odor as well as the corridors. at least 3 other travellers had to do the same thing. very nice hotel, rooms very clean and the pool area is great. too bad it is tainted with this problem. Have going there 2 years and have had the same problem. will not go there again would have given it a very good if it were not for this

Room Tip: check out room first to make sure there is no odor,there are some
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank joyceezz
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We enjoyed a long weekend at this hotel. The staff was wonderfully friendly at the front desk, and even offered us a few different rooms. We picked a room in the main tower, which had a lovely view of the ocean, but we should have picked a pool room with a balcony for our family. We like having a place to read and sit outdoors.

the resort was kid friendly, with a nice pool and spray park. The front desk staff promptly answered any questions, allowed us to have a late check out, and exchanged our pool towels whenever we asked. The only cons were that, if air conditioning was turned on at all, our room quickly was freezing and uncomfortable. We also had housekeeping come daily around five, which was difficult for us as this is when we usually returned from the beach and they only did a cursory change of sheets and towels. We had great coffee in the cafe, and we enjoyed meals off property within walking distance at La Playita and Piu Bello. We plan to return. I was extremely pleased with the value for thins hotel.

Room Tip: Pick a pool room if you like to have a balcony.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
#11 of 14 in Isla Verde
3.5 of 5 stars 105 reviews
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel

Been to Verdanza Hotel? Share your experiences!