“Always a Pleasure” 5 of 5 bubbles

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Always a Pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

10 year anniversary trip... We did the Ritz on our honeymoon in Maui... and here on our 10th in San Juan... Makes me wonder why I stay anywhere else... You dont pay extra for your beach ammenities (like you do at other big chains)... Service is second to none... AC works , Rooms are immaculate and the hotel is silent is a church (not lack of people, just quality built)... Loved it... we will continue with more Ritz Carlton in the future... OH, I booked a private dinner on the beach for the anniversary... got a personal waiter all night, a table lit with tiki torches... it was fabulous and worth every penny.

Visited July 2014

Wichita, Kansas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Champagne on arrival, wonderful views, pool the simply amazing. Dinner on the beach at sunset was beautiful

Visited July 2014
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Great Spa (but security is a pain)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband decided while we were in PR for New Years on New Years Day he surprised me and booked a couple massage. It was absolutely wonderful. We had a male, and female masseuse. They were very professional.

Negative - we came as outside guests being we had made reservations at another hotel. I trust the Ritz spa and thought it would be no issue. Coming in security was extremely tight and hard to get to the spa EVEN WITH A RESERVATION.

So, if you are an outside guest it can be a little more complicated than it needs to be.

I am happy they protect their resort, but as a paying customer I shouldn't have to jump through hoops.

Long and short of it - the spa is great... but maybe security should get a list of reservations so customers can get to the spa easily.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Brittani G
Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

The service was impeccable, the food we ordered was great! This by far as the best service, spa and hotel in San Juan

Visited December 2013
Austin, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Terrible Casino Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Arrived at the Ritz Carlton on a Sunday night with 2 friends to play at the casino. We sat down to a table and were playing blackjack for an hour or so, when a drunk, stumbling customer came and sat at our table. He was playing extremely haphazardly, so we left the table to get away from this person.

We went to another table and sat and played, and the drunk decided to stumble over to play with us, as he knew we didn't want to play with him. I said, "Great, the guy who screwed us at the last table." The drunk customer responded by yelling, "[--] YOU!" to me at the table. The pit boss, JB, was watching all of this. I asked JB if they allowed customers to use such vulgar language to other customers in the casino and he didn't respond. I kept looking at him, waiting for an answer, and JB said, "You just shut your mouth and play."

I couldn't believe at a Ritz Carlton property that not only would they allow customers to be treated like this from other customers... but that their own staff would be so rude. We were three guys who had bought in for over $3,000 total, and JB told me to "Shut my mouth and play" after a drunk customer cursed at me.

I spoke with a manager who agreed that customers shouldn't be treated this way, but offered no way to remedy the situation.

3 Thank TravelinKind