“Great Atmosphere, Great Food, Average Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zest Restaurant

Zest Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Isla Verde
Cuisines: Caribbean, Contemporary, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Atmosphere, Great Food, Average Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were sent here by our concierge at The Ritz-Carlton San Juan when we wanted to go somewhere off property. The atmosphere at this restaurant is FANTASTIC. I love modern surroundings. I couldn't stay here because I couldn't do that all the time but for the dining experience it was just right. The food was fantastic as well! I will say this, the service was lacking. The hostess was nice enough and accommodating but the waiter was absent most the time, so much so that the hostess actually had to take our check and bring it back. I felt as though I should have been tipping her. When we made our reservations I overheard the concierge speaking with the hostess and mentioned our allergies and that we had just gotten engaged. There was mention of our allergies but absolutely no mention of our engagement. I let this go thinking they'd take the opportunity to surprise us with a nice "happy engagement" welcome from the waiter while he described the dishes. But no words of anything. While we were leaving as we got to the door to leave from the hotel the hostess yelled to us "congratulations". I know this sounds small but when I choose to join you to celebrate monumental life moment I would expect a little recognition. Not even a gift of a free dessert or drink but just a word and not a word yelled at me while leaving.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank MLink87

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“This place rocks!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Service is wonderful, lot of professionalism and pampering. We decided to make a tasting and the chef showed us why he is a master in creativity and combining local ingredients with cooking techniques and international cuisine. The octopus is superb, grilled with the skin crunchy in the outside and tender on the inside, Cuban style lentils are great. Bread fruit tostones with pork belly is a delightful experience. The popcorn soup is a interesting experience, served on the table.
Sea bass was my favorite, it blow out my taste buds and also the tender pork cheeks, they blended in my mouth.
Desserts, we tasted them all... I'm still thinking what's my favorite.
I will go to this place everyday if I can. Recommended by far!!!

• Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very good food at very expensive prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were staying at this hotel and decided to eat here on Good Friday. The restaurant is nicely decorated and fits with the overall water theme at the hotel. We made a reservation when we checked in and it was good that we did. The dining room was full. We both ordered the seabass and it was delicious. But the dessert was the showstopper. We had the chocolate lava cake with basil ice cream. The menu seemed very creative and the service was excellent. However, the portions are not large. You will not fill up on the entree alone. You should plan on getting at least an appetizer and / or dessert to go with it.

• Visited April 2014
Caracas
“Incredible Place Service and Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I went to the place with my wife on a weekend trip To Puerto Rico. We seat at the bar as the place was full an we had no reservation.. suggest reserve to avoid this. However it was not bad at all. The barman behave incredible, he knows all the plates, the service was excelletn and attention awesome. Personally we loved the octopus starter and the salmon as main dish!

• Visited April 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant lives up to its reviews. For me, probably in my top ten of all time. The sea bass was incredible. Service exceptional, and the decor was trendy and tasteful. What more can I say? Terrific job!

Visited April 2014