“A Tale of 2 Fishes”

Zest Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Isla Verde
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary, Puerto Rican
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
New Rochelle, New York
“A Tale of 2 Fishes”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Water Beach Hotel and had breakfast there daily. There was a good variety and assortment of food. No complaints whatsoever with breakfast. We were somewhat disappointed with dinner. The first time, I ordered the salmon and my wife the arroz con pollo. My dish was very good but hers was a little salty, but still edible. The second time we had dinner she had the salmon and I had (on recommendations by the waitress) the red snapper. That was a mistake. The snapper was salty, dry and a thin fillet - horrible. It was also one of the most expensive items on the menu. When I mentioned to the waitress that it was salty, all she said "it was salty?" That's the end of that. We ordered some donuts for dessert, which were very good but took 23 minutes to serve. ??????? Not sure why but no one seemed to acknowledge my complaint. The bill was higher than the first night's, so we paid and left. Zest is overrated and the dinner menu leaves a lot to be desired.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank ScubadiverNy

dallas
“Awesome dinner and great waiter”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Loved our meal here!!!! We all got something different and it was amazing. The popcorn soup is a MUST. Our waiter Fagardo was so helpful, knowledgeable and patient. Definitely the best restaurant on Isla Verde!!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank busymomDallas
Bradenton, Florida
“Best dinner of our lives!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this roof top lunch restaurant yesterday. Beautiful views- excellent service - delicious sandwiches (tuna steak, and skirt steak) and really yummy "sand dune dip" similar to guacamole. We went back for dinner which is a very romantic atmosphere downstairs. The service was incredible- the food was indescribably delicious! For our main course we chose pork cheeks (chef reccommedations) and the short ribs (waitress recommends). Every bite melted in our mouths. We actually wanted to leave for a few hours and come back again for another dinner because it was so good! Can't recommend this restaurant for dinner enough. You just have to go and experience it for yourself!

“Anniversary”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving to this romantic hotel setting, with dim lighting and an amazing beach view, I knew we chose the right place! The staff was very friendly and tentative. When we had dinner and drinks on the terrace both evenings we were greeted by a very sweet Waitress named Elimar (hope I spelled it right)! She and the cook on hand that evening John made our evening unforgettable, he's an amazing chef! I recommend them to anyone visiting! We happened to be there during their evening event 90's Flashback and the only downfall that night was the DJ!! He was really Awful and I really think the event would have kept a packed room if the music was good and he actually took requests! Just a suggestion for next time!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Thumbs Up...”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The atmosphere was wonderful. Jackie was excellent and took great care of me. I recommend the french toast here.

Visited September 2013