“Not a quick lunch” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Third Base Sports Cafe - CLOSED

Third Base Sports Cafe
Cuisines: Bar, American, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Austin, Texas
“Not a quick lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

My family stopped here while on vacation and looking for a quick bite while on the beach. We figured sports bar on the beach would have quick service and get us back to the beach. Boy were we wrong. It was the SLOWEST service ever. No one seemed to know what they were doing. The food took an hour and was worse than a fast food chain. The club I ordered was so poor I would have rather had nothing. I would not recommend this place for anything more than a place to get drinks.

Visited December 2013

Killingworth, Connecticut
“Worst Place Ever!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

This place by far has to be the worst place ever. Service was nonexistent - horrible. Waited at the bar to be served after ordering and paying, for a full hour. We never even received our drinks. When we asked about it multiple times we were just brushed off. Food didn't look very good nor can I review the drinks because we never got that far. Finally had to leave. Not a single employee even acknowledged their error ..

Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“OK place If You Take It What It Is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

The best part about 3rd Base is that is across the street from the beach.

I sat at the bar so I didn't have any issues with service. The drinks were cheap ($5.00 each), but they weren't that strong.

The food was your average sports bar fare and I found the appetizers to be inexpensive.
The quality was average, but edible.

I also liked that it doesn't close until the last guest leaves.

The bartender was friendly, also a plus.

I would say it's best for late night snacks and drinks. Just don't expect anything extraordinary.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cruz Bay, St. John
“Nothing Special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The beachfront location was the best feature of this eatery. We weren't welcomed or acknowledged upon arrival, seated ourselves and waited for service. Didn't get a friendly feel until it was time to pay. The food was average (fish filet) - not much flavor. I would keep walking to find better options.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ulyanovsk, Russia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Refried fish, alcoholic cocktails without alcohol,seafood mix salad made from surimi and onion, it was not good to eat.

• Visited September 2013