2,943 results
All reviews sirena restaurant swim up bar old san juan close to the airport outdoor restaurant bug spray partial ocean view ocean front pool area breakfast buffet salsa dancing hear planes isla verde beach resort fee chairs and umbrellas small casino palm trees
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was absolutely beautiful. The amenities were great. The location was central to many fun spots. I loved being able to wake up and walk to the beach. I had a great stay, although a bit pricey.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank dpinksquare
mduperray, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Dear dpinksquare,

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and its amenities. From experience, I know how wonderful it is to wake up in the morning and be able to walk the beach. I am happy that you were able to enjoy one of Puerto Rico's marvelous beaches.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Staying for business. The hotel is close to the airport, very convenient for that. Sits on a very nice beach right out the back door. On sight has a casino, snack bar, bar/restaurant, and upscale type restaurant. There is an outdoor bar and poolside bar.

The room I have is a two queen room. A few chairs, good desk area. Rooms are clean, hotel is clean.

The property is showing its age a little bit. Carpets on some floors showing wear/tears. They are doing some work on sight.

Good: Prices are not outrageous for a resort hotel. I mostly eat inside in the bar area, good selection, no bad meals yet. Staff is very helpful and friendly. The beach is beautiful, clean. Same for the pool area. Snack bar very convenient to grab a light meal or coffee. There is a morning buffet, that while self service, staff will assist with drinks, etc. The will make an omelet for you, just have to ask staff, there is not a station. Pretty basic on the buffet, but it gets the day started. Parking is easy, get a swipe card from the desk and use it to have access and track charges. Valet is only a few more dollars a day.

Could be better: The hotel is an area with other hotels. No restaurants/etc in a block or two. Have to walk a ways or take a car if you want something off sight. Again, a little wear here and there around the hotel. Nothing hugely off putting, but if you are extremely picky, it may annoy you. I have no real issue with anything I have seen. Some noise. The airport is just across the way. Until you acclimatize you will notice planes coming and going. My room is in a corner. One window is a great view of the airport runway. Other window is a decent/partial ocean view. I am told on the other side is not so prone to the airport noise, but again, after a day or so, I didn't even notice. There is a balcony with the room, but the side I am on is right over a mechanical unit of some kind, so while I enjoy the breezes and ocean view, the hum/noise is a little off putting.

I will be staying for a bit longer and will update if I notice any great changes.

Overall, I enjoy the property, it has what I needed, the minor things I have pointed out are not ruining the overall experience. Staff are great, food is good, bed is comfy.

Room Tip: While I think there will be some noise no matter what, you could ask for a room closer to the beach than the airport.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business

Dear 197duwaynet,

Thank you for your very thorough review of our hotel. I truly enjoyed seeing the hotel and its surrounding areas through your eyes. I am very happy that you are enjoying your stay with us so far. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you during the remainder of your stay.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

While the hotel is still being worked on. It was not noticeable to any of my party. The room was great, the beach was wonderful and the food was great! Having beach service was divine!

Would have loved to have stayed there the whole trip, but we had other cities to visit.

Room Tip: The only thing is that these hotels are at the end of the airport runway. Does not affect your sleep, but can be heard on the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Efrain R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Glad to know that you enjoyed your room accommodations as well as the food and beach service. I certainly hope that you will encounter a similar service experience throughout the rest of your trip. I invite you to consider visiting us again if you have the opportunity to return to Puerto Rico.

Best regards,

Efrain Rosa
erosa@sjcourtyard.com

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Had a great stay for the 4th weekend. Hotel is still under slight renovation but appears it is almost complete. Wish I could have seen less construction materials etc but totally understandable after a major hurricane. Staff is always helpful and smiling.
Almost all floors have some type of ociean views so that was great. The hotel is right on the beach front so that is nice. Casino on site and few restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
mduperray, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2018

Dear Jae S,

Thank you for being so understanding while we complete the renovations of our beautiful hotel after Hurricane Maria. I'm glad that despite the inconvenience you were able to enjoy not just our facilities but also our beautiful beach.

We hope to serve you again on your next visit to our beautiful island. By then our hotel will be back to its pre-hurricane glory.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

This hotel has amazing views right on the beach, the staff is WONDERFUL (especially the owner) and the food/drinks were amazing. I would tell everyone to make sure you stay here because you will not regret it! 10/10 experience

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Heather M
mduperray, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Dear Heather M,

We are so happy to hear that you not only enjoyed our facilities but that our staff went above and beyond to make sure that your stay with us was wonderful.

We look forward to not only serving you again but also your friends and family.

With warm regards,