Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
Coral by the Sea(Isla Verde)
$96
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Verdanza Hotel(Isla Verde)
2,888 results
All reviewssirena restaurantswim up barold san juanclose to the airportoutdoor restaurantbug sprayocean frontpartial ocean viewpool areasalsa dancingbreakfast buffetisla verde beachhear planesresort feechairs and umbrellassmall casinopalm trees
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard the last week in March and couldn't have had a better time! When the management (gracias Mr. Padin!) found out we were arriving on my birthday he upgraded our room as well as surprising us with a bottle of champagne, chocolate cake and cold milk for our children, which made us feel so welcome!

Starting with check-in I could immediately tell that customer service is a priority at this hotel. Orlando at the front desk made sure that everything was to our liking, including a room change so that we could have a more comfortable sleeping arrangement. This was the first time we were traveling with our young girls (1yo, 3yo and 7yo) and they made sure that it was as seamless as possible.

The rooms are comfortable and clean. Not large, but you don't spend much time in your room in Puerto Rico! The property is absolutely beautiful as others have mentioned. Lounge chairs were in abundance, poolside service was impeccable and the hammocks were a nice touch to complete the relaxing mood. Luis was always around the pool to make sure we had everything we needed and was so friendly, my girls loved him! Keep an eye out for the resident iguanas that hangout poolside, a few are quite large!

We took advantage of the swim up bar (great happy hour from 3p-5p), the beachfront massage services and good selection of poolside food. The breakfast buffet was very nice and reasonably priced for resort dining. Our favorite meal of the week was on our last night at the ocean front (and I mean literally right next to the stunning beach) restaurant. You have to try the scallops with bacon buerre blanc or the seafood paella. The bar area and casino looked nice and busy but not really that type of vacation for us :) The ice cream and coffee bar though was frequented!

The hotel is walkable to many good Puerto Rican restaurants as well as a Walgreens. The concierge gave us good information regarding Old San Juan as well as El Yunque rainforest which are both must sees.

You are very close to the airport but we actually liked watching the airplanes takeoff and land from our balcony. The noise wasn't an issue for us at all.

A wonderful place that I couldn't recommend more for a relaxing vacation!

3  Thank KellyLiz
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband, 5 year old son, and I spent 10 days here in March 2014 for a much needed vacation. Before arriving I had some trepidation because of it being a "Courtyard" Marriot. Boy, was I wrong! This place was wonderful! Everything from the beach, to the pool and swim-up bar, to the restaurants, and the staff. I am a self described "hotel snob", and my only complaint is that the bathrooms are in need of renovation.
The staff could not be friendlier, or more helpful. A special thanks to Arturo in the food and beverage department :) In fact, the service was better than the nearby Ritz Carlton where we spent some time at their restaurants and lounge.
We will definitely be back...we miss it already!

4  Thank Sandy C
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed here in February 2014 and had a nice experience. We wanted an ocean view room, which, I swear I booked, but there were none available when we arrived. We were in a partial-view room, which was nice except that the obstructed portion was an apartment complex. The amenities at this hotel more than made up for it. There were 24 hour pool, hot tub and gym facilites as well as multiple restaurants and a casino. The rooms weren't the cleanest but we did not expect to spend much time in the room anyway. Overall it was nice enough that I would return for sure

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I was here for my birthday on a free airline ticket. The hotel has a very sexy outdoor vibe with hammocks strung between palm trees all along the beach. The casino at the hotel is small but has a few interesting slots and some table games. The restaurant has adequate food but the best restaurants are in other areas of Puerto Rico. The front desk was superb in lining up a birthday dinner that came with a nice surprise from the chef. I also enjoyed the tours arranged by the concierge. The ocean view was great but I preferred the view sitting on the beach!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a high floor. Even if you don't have a view of the ocean you will have a nice view of the island.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Charbun
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Spent 4 nights at the Courtyard at the end of March. We had a lovely room, spacious, clean, and well- equipped. The pool area was very comfortable; no problem getting a chaise. There was a cute swim up bar that was a real plus. Music played on the week ends and added to the vibe. The hotel sits right on the beach, and I can't think of many more idyllic beach scenes…
There are fantastic hammocks that sway in front of the property to relax in and view the gorgeous water and the almost empty beach. Luis at the pool was sensational. He treated us so well, and was always kind, pleasant, and warm. Arturo, too, in the food and beverage dept was incredibly welcoming and helped ensure that our stay was fantastic. Bkfst buffet was quite good and fairly priced and that view!! We really liked the property, the locale, and will return, DEFINITELY.
Kudos to the staff and the mgmt.

4  Thank Shem6