Walking into the entrance, we were slammed with a smell of bleach, and foot odor. Old signs, worn decorations. In the room? we found one of the lights in the bathroom out, and a leaky a/c unit.
The hotel immediately sent someone up to fix the light and leaky a/c. but the overall feel of the place was that it needed a huge makeover, soon.
The staff? Great. Friendly, helpful, lovely.
The food at the hotel? Awful. beyond bad.
The biggest reason to stay? Best beach ever. Hey, the Ritz is next door. it's a stunning beach. So if you have no desire to be in the room, don't need to eat there (bad for people with young kids- you are kind of stuck), it's an inexpensive way to have walk on access to one of the best beaches in PR.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a powdery expanse of Isla Verde beach in San Juan, the newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort is the perfect location for business or pleasure. The first hotel in San Juan to offer FREE Internet & wireless services it makes business a breeze! For families, babysitting & play services, game room & the beautiful pool & beach make any holiday perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Hotel Isla Verde
- Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort
- Courtyard Carolina
- Marriott Carolina
- Carolina Courtyard
- Carolina Marriott
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort Puerto Rico