Just returned from a 5 night stay at the hotel and luckily the newly renovated pool was open...that part was great! The beach is beautiful and its nice as well as the outdoor area but the rooms need work. I am a Marriott Gold Elite member and YTD have spent 27 nights in Marriott hotels since Feb alone. I exhausted all of my points (over 180k) as well as paid for 3 nights for this family vacation to reserve 2 rooms for my family and my in laws.
1st night we had a room that the AC ran all night and the only way to turn it off was to crawl under the AC and unplug it (thermostat didn't work). My 2 yr old caught a terrible cold. Reported the incident and received a new room only to have the tub back up so when you shower you stand in 4 inches of dirty water. Then reported that and they said it was fixed but it wasn't so they sent someone again and finally snake it so it would drain. The thermostat will not go higher than 71 which is too cold for little ones so we had to sleep without AC on which made it fairly uncomfortable in the evenings.
I had to ask for any kind of consideration (despite being a gold member and having to change rooms) and the assistant front desk manager said the only thing she could offer me was a free breakfast for my husband and I or a free dinner with no alcoholic beverages ( so basically $50 max). I asked that my points be refunded instead.
Long story short, I had to ask for consideration despite having to change rooms 2x and should have changed again but didn't feel like packing up all of my stuff and my 2 yr old. Then they gave me one night of points (after I asked for a point refund) and when I asked for a refund of 2 nights they refunded the least expensive night to my card. I would think retaining a loyal customer and saving yourself a negative review would be worth more than $75. I guess not. I would say buck up and go to the Ritz or find a different hotel if you want to either not freeze or sweat to death while you're sleeping. My inlaws had to keep getting up to turn on and off their AC to get the temperature right. It was very disappointing since I travel quite a bit and was looking forward to using my points to spend quality time with the family. On the bright side the beach and pool were great and the service at the restaurants was good for the most part. I've had a more comfortable night's stay in a Fairfield Inn in Des Moines, IA. I gave this hotel average because of the location/beach/pool and the service at the pool and restaurants was good, but my experience with the management was very disappointing. I just didn't get the sense that they really cared. It was pretty much like "Ok, well do you want to change rooms AGAIN?" Not impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a powdery expanse of Isla Verde beach in San Juan, the newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort is the perfect location for business or pleasure. The first hotel in San Juan to offer FREE Internet & wireless services it makes business a breeze! For families, babysitting & play services, game room & the beautiful pool & beach make any holiday perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Despegar.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Hotel Isla Verde
- Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort
- Marriott Carolina
- Courtyard Carolina
- Carolina Marriott
- Carolina Courtyard
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort Puerto Rico