As many other reviewers have mentioned, the staff at this Courtyard were incredibly nice; and that's enough for me to say that I would come back here. That being said, it was not the perfect hotel and you should set your expectations accordingly.
The pool was under construction while we were there, which was very disappointing and a little bit noisy. I wish they would have informed us before our stay about the construction because we might have stayed somewhere else.
The hotel is right by the airport, but the rooms have a double door to the balcony, which cuts down on the sound. I did not hear the planes while we were in the room (though I did hear the construction noise from the pool), but you would hear it from the beach/pool/outside dining area etc.
The airport noise is more than overcome by the amazing beach. Isla Verde has a beautiful beach and you won’t get to experience it without accepting the airport noise (which really is not bad at all). The hotel is right on the beach and they provide chairs and umbrellas and towels for guests. There are beach bugs in the morning and evening, so just pack some bug spray; not really a big deal. There is a swim up bar which is only open in the afternoon (I wish it was open in the evening too) and they have happy hour on rum drinks from 3-6(?).
The restaurants in the hotel are good, but overpriced. You can find a local place (I suggest Metropol for lunch/dinner or Las Canarias or Piu Bello Gelato for breakfast – both walking distance) for MUCH cheaper with the same quality. Or better yet, go into Old San Juan and grab some local food there, but don’t plan to bring home leftovers – the mini fridge is so tiny it won’t hold a to-go box.
The best things about the hotel were the beach and the great staff and I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a powdery expanse of Isla Verde beach in San Juan, the newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort is the perfect location for business or pleasure. The first hotel in San Juan to offer FREE Internet & wireless services it makes business a breeze! For families, babysitting & play services, game room & the beautiful pool & beach make any holiday perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Hotel Isla Verde
- Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort
- Marriott Carolina
- Courtyard Carolina
- Carolina Marriott
- Carolina Courtyard
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort Puerto Rico