This is a great oceanfront hotel for a pre- or post- cruise stay or a long weekend.
Staff is incredibly welcoming and friendly. Andre met us at our taxi with a friendly welcome. He stored our luggage and then brought it to our room. Andre was helpful with providing information about the resort and area. Yanet at the front desk also provided a friendly welcome. Our thanks to manager Yanira for accommodating our need to check in at 10:00am.
We had a room on the 9th floor, 2 queen beds, oceanview with balcony. While some may consider the rooms dated, they are clean and spacious. Our view from the balcony was great (we just avoided looking toward the building on our left that was not aesthetically pleasing- this is P.R. and there is a mix of run down and nice buildings everywhere). The palm trees and crystal blue waters were picturesque.
The beach was paradise. The beach is the reason (along with the friendly staff) that I would not hesitate to stay here again. Harry was friendly and prompt with assisting with beach chairs and umbrellas. The water was calm and clear. The sand was soft and clean. The hammocks on the beach were also a great place to relax to the sound of the waves.
Sirena was the restaurant/tapas bar outside that was adjacent to the beach. I could have eaten all meals here enjoying the great view of the beach and ocean.
We were here for only 1 night and did not venture outside the resort area. The restaurants Sirena and Salsa had good food. There was also a coffee/ice cream counter for breakfast & snacks.
Resort is near the airport, yet we did not hear the airplanes in our room. On the beach and from the resort windows facing east, we were able to plane watch.
This resort is a great value and the best option for oceanfront in Isla Verde (unless you want to spend a great deal more for the same beach at the Ritz).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a powdery expanse of Isla Verde beach in San Juan, the newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort is the perfect location for business or pleasure. The first hotel in San Juan to offer FREE Internet & wireless services it makes business a breeze! For families, babysitting & play services, game room & the beautiful pool & beach make any holiday perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Hotel Isla Verde
- Marriott Carolina
- Courtyard Carolina
- Carolina Courtyard
- Carolina Marriott
- Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort Puerto Rico