Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
$203
$227
$206
  • Breakfast included
Coral by the Sea(Isla Verde)
$101
$238
InterContinental
  • Beachfront
2,892 results
All reviewssirena restaurantswim up barold san juanclose to the airportoutdoor restaurantbug sprayocean frontpartial ocean viewpool areasalsa dancingbreakfast buffetisla verde beachhear planesresort feechairs and umbrellassmall casinopalm trees
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I just stayed here for 3 nights on reward points so value is hard to gauge. However, the hotel is certainly clean and nice and service is kind and quick. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the pool area above average and very active. The beach itself is below par in that the sand is very course and soft so a walk on the beach will be short-lived and not so enjoyable. The water, however, is gorgeous. The other comments about plane noise from the airport is a non-issue. You never hear it indoors and it's hardly ever noticed outside. Relaxing all around.

If you like nightlife in town, you may look at staying toward the cruise port in Old San Juan which was the highlight of our visit yet 30 minutes away. Would stay over there next time and forego the beachfront stay. Buses are only 75 cents vs. $21 for cab from hotel to OSJ but be sure to be patient for it to arrive. Can take 15 min to an hour. Casino on site is so so. Walk 5 minutes to the Ritz Carlton. Alot nicer and more people.

So, if you need to be close to the airport and want a beachfront location...you can't go wrong. There are also nice options that are similar nearby if you don't need a Marriott.

Room Tip: Poolview means looking over an expansive rooftop to see it. Take the ocean if it's not much more.
1  Thank Ed M
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Good thing for me is that this hotel is close to where I live. Not sure is close enough for me to go back. We got to our room and I decide to take a shower. Well, there was no hot water in shower. Hot water in sink. I had the feeling something was broken within the tub. We called the front desk. They did send two men pretty fast. Told me it was problem that needed to be fixed and it would take some time so I needed to change rooms. I wasnt happy with that. I was already tired when we got to the hotel after spending previous days at Embassy Suites. Those two guys who came to check the shower were extremely nice and helpful. Alfredo and Edgar were so kind. took care of everything. Getting us a new room Showing me the room first so i'd be happy. They took care of my bags and y new room keys. I had to do nothing. not even go back to front desk. What I would say is that I stayed 3 days and found the kindest employees. Until Sunday when i went to the beach to get my beach chairs. Unfortunately that day I got a guy name Yonatan. He did not treat me nice. The instant I spoke Spanish his body language and tone of voice change. He had an attitude. He asumed I was a local trying to get in. It was early. 8:30 am. He shamed me. I saw how he treated the lady in front of me. An American. He spoiled my morning. In an instant you go from having a good day to been mistreated. It's sad because the one thing is that the hotel is no great resort but everyone was kind. And one arrogant human being at the beach chairs made me feel horrible. i did went back and told this young man. It's not what you said to me, it's the way you spoke to me. Arm gestures and everything. Embassy Suites also in Isla Verde is really good. Free breakfast. Free happy hour. Nice pool. Only down side is that its not beachfront. This week is Spring Break in PR. I would've stayed more days at the Courtyard. But the idea of going to the beach and ask for chair from that guy, well not worth it. I will say that there was another guy at beach chair. I think his name is Yary. He did help me in the end and was also a kind soul.

Room Tip: Higher floor had better views
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Had to work while in San Juan and needed a hotel that could provide business ammenties such as free wife, printing and assistance with logistics. The staff at this hotel was excellent. Yanet at the froint desk was a lifes saver. The out door restaurant seating wa wonderful and Coral del Mar recognised me daily, had my favorite table waiting, were Christian was waiting with a smile and enthusiam.

The fitness center is large with a multitude of varying equipment.

When I return, this is were i will be.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomas_H946
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights of a great vacation in this hotel. We booked a 1 bedroom "Larger Suite" on the 10th floor that had a spectacular view of the ocean from the balcony.

The location was our primary concern, as this hotel is located very close to the airport (our view from the side windows of our suite overlooked one of the 2 runways). But we were pleasantly surprised to find that even with planes taking off from the closer runway, we only really heard 2 takeoffs during our 5 night stay (both early evening). The rest blended in with (or were completely drowned out by) the pleasant, ongoing roar of the waves. Some of the reviews also mentioned salsa dancing on weekend nights (Friday & Saturday). While there was plenty of music and activity in the bar/lobby area until well into the early morning hours, we could not hear a peep from the 10th floor. But it does appear that this is a regular weekend activity at this location, so make sure you request a higher floor if this is a concern for you.

Self-parking in the adjascent garage is a breeze; ask the front desk for a complimentary entry/exit card to make things go faster. There seemed to be several places to eat within walking distance of the hotel, though we did most of our dining off-site.

The room itself was spacious, with plenty of storage space, a kitchenette (with full sized fridge), two desks, a sofa, and several chairs. It also had a nice-sized balcony that we used for breakfast on two occasions. The furniture itself was a little lived-in, but not as dated and worn as others have commented here. And considering the reviews we researched before booking the Courtyard, frankly I'm not sure we would've seen better decor if we'd paid twice as much to stay elsewhere anyway.

The beach was gorgeous with hammocks strung between palm trees (which provided nice shade for those wanting to escape the sun). The water was very rough due to a cold front but still bright blue. The rough seas kicked plenty of seaweed onto the beach but that was to be expected; the sand was otherwise cleaner than what you'd find in Jersey, Deleware, Virginia, the Carolinas, etc. No jellyfish or sharks like I've seen in those regions either, just blue Caribbean water. And while there had been a sign in the hotel room warning of bites from no-see-ums, we forgot to wear bugspray and still had no issues whatsoever (I am usually the victim of choice at beaches where this is a problem, so if they'd been there they would've eaten me alive).

What stood out the most to me about the Courtyard was the service. The valets, front desk staff, housekeeping crew, and restaurant staff were as good as any 5-star resort we've stayed at in the past. I've never seen service like this at a Courtyard in the upper 48 states and was very impressed with the entire operation. This alone elevates the hotel by a star in my review. A couple of examples of what impressed us:

- Room service was fast, friendly, and accurate. They estimated 30-40 minutes to deliver breakfast and instead it arrived in 10-15 minutes.

- Beach butlers pulling chairs and umbrellas onto the beach for guests and staying attentive to their needs (the sort of thing you usually see at all-inclusives).

- We sat down at the outdoor restaurant around 11 after a morning on the beach. We wanted lunch but they didn't serve it until noon. Rather than have us leave empty-stomached, they brought out the lunch menu and took care of us anyway (without us even asking).

- The valets were extremely helpful with bags, self-parking instructions, and any other questions we asked them.

Our only *real* complaint was an outdoor pool party that was held on Sunday 3/10 from 7pm to 1am. A live band played for this party and was terribly loud, even on the 10th floor. We had returned exhausted from a 2-hour drive back from Rincon that evening and just decided to stay awake to ride it out; there was no escaping the noise until the party ended. Even in the shower it felt as if the music were blaring from a stereo in the room. By the time we were aware of it, there was no point in complaining to the hotel staff, so I recently submitted a complaint to Marriott corporate about this event and I'm awaiting their feedback. But honestly, this was really the only blemish on an otherwise great stay.

Room Tip: Non-suite rooms are obviously going to be smaller. Either way, ask for upper floor to avoid having a view of the casino roof.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This place is great. Although it is close to the airport, we only heard a few planes take off when we were hanging out on our balcony. We didn't hear anything downstairs or on the beach. We stayed in a room on the 10th floor with a partial view and we had a great view for a partial view. The room was an average hotel room and very clean.The maid and room service was excellent. The lobby area was great. They had a few restaraunts to choose from and all had good food at a reasonable price. There is also an ice cream shop and a casino in th lobby that were also very good. Saturday nights they have a live band playing salsa and the place gets packed with people dancing. So much fun! There is an outdoor patio area that overlooks the beach and ocean. We had several meals out there and the ambiance is to die for. The pool is divided in two parts. One part is like a family pool area, while the other part is more adult oriented with a swim up bar. We loved it. The beach is the best on the island in my opinion. Not sure how they landed in that location, but wow, they really are in a great spot. Service on the beach was fast and the food and drinks were very good. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to PR. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
2  Thank Steve W