This place is a winner! Great stay from start to finish! The combination of friendly and helpful personnel and location make this one to place on the “come back again” list. Bell hop staff provided a friendly welcome. Not to be outdone, check-in staff put on the charm, too.
The Courtyard Isla Verde is well very well kept. Nothing was out of place. Several dining options, free wi-fi in the lobby, business center with internet and printing access, and Casino if you really want that, too.
The outdoor areas of the Courtyard make the hotel shine. And it doesn’t hurt that the hotel is on Isla Verde beach which is spectacular. Outside there is the option to dine on a terrace, relax in a well designed and very comfortable outdoor deck, lounge at the pool, play table tennis, jump in the hot tub, or eat at the pool grill.
It would be easy to just lounge around on the outdoor furniture all day reading a book or gazing off in the distance. People were doing just that! The hammocks in the pictures are as advertised and very comfortable which is another practical way to laze away the day. Easy to spot the surfers up the beach while reclining!
Oh! Swim up bar, too, if that suits your fancy. One dedicated kid’s pool with mini-slide and another not-so deep area good for kids flank the main pool. Pools appears to be heated. Too lazy/relaxed to get up and get your order from the pool side grill? Raise the red SOS flag on your lounge chair for service. How easy is that?! The beach side areas are pleasantly lit at night. Come back down later and sit and relax some more!
The hotel room was comfortable and the adjustable shower head actually provided either a spray or a focused massage stream! Wonder of wonders! I’m not a big fan of the long integrated desk/entertainment center with pull out table. It sits too high for comfortable laptop work. But are you really at the resort to pound away at the keys?
Mini-fridge was stocked with two waters. Nice touch! There was a DVD player in case you were bringing your own entertainment.
I think that it is a plus that the hotel is so close to the airport. Easy to get off the plane and get to the beach! The balcony door was actually a double door! I didn’t hear any plane noise! The balcony in 306 had a partial view, but certainly acceptable for star or moon gazing.
Good eating is within walking distance (Metropol, Platos)!
Isla Verde beach is very nice and the Courtyard is smack dab on it. Could not ask for a better location. The fact that the hotel is both well maintained and well appointed, and that it has a very friendly and efficient staff make this a winner! I will be back…not to work…only to professionally relax!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a powdery expanse of Isla Verde beach in San Juan, the newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort is the perfect location for business or pleasure. The first hotel in San Juan to offer FREE Internet & wireless services it makes business a breeze! For families, babysitting & play services, game room & the beautiful pool & beach make any holiday perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Hotel Isla Verde
- Marriott Carolina
- Courtyard Carolina
- Carolina Courtyard
- Carolina Marriott
- Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort Puerto Rico