“Best Service - Hands Down”

Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I spent 4 great weeks at the Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde. The hotel staff was very accommodating. Cristina, Coral, and Lyzmar (from Sirena Restaurante) always turned a tough day at work into a wonderful evening. They are 3 of the sweetest and most beautiful women on the island. Their gorgeous smiles and friendly attitudes made me return to the restaurant night after night. Thank you for a great stay and I wish you guys the best of luck in the future. I will miss you guys.
Rebecca did a great job as Sales Manager. She always made us feel like we were the most important guests in the hotel.
Overall, the hotel, staff, accommodations, and food was excellent. I recommend this hotel. I hope to stay here again soon.
The hotel is right on the beach and eating breakfast and dinner while watching the waves roll in was very relaxing.

Room Tip: Eat at Sirena (outside restaurant). They have great food and excellent service.
There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort

Reviewed December 16, 2012

In the past, my husband and I have stayed at a number of hotels in Puerto Rico such as the Ritz, the Intercontinental, the Westin, and the Gran Melia, but we now we keep returning to Courtyard by Marriott in Isla Verde each year. This is an excellent choice for couples or families looking for a great location, very comfortable, clean rooms with balconies overlooking the ocean, beautiful outdoor dining options, and extremely gracious staff. And all this at a relatively reasonable price! If you want to arrange a private party or if your business is looking to hold a corporate event, we noticed that outdoor events are done up in style!

The Courtyard is on a wide stretch of beach with plenty of room for private space. A special treat for us is to take long, romantic walks along the edge of the surf. We never tire of the view whether during the day or by the twinkling stars. Afterward, lounge at the luxurious and attractive new seating near the open air bar or around the spacious pool.

We truly feel like valued, honored guests. Ask for Edouardo Rivera, manager of the front desk when you make reservations or check in. He is outstanding and helped to make our last visit our most memorable yet. The front desk personnel greet you by name as soon as they get to know you. Katherine and Christine always have a ready smile.

The new pool area manager, Enriquez Fossas, is very personable and is anxious for all the guests to feel comfortable and happy.

Our gratitude goes out to the wonderful, caring head chef, Ricky Rivera, for his eagerness to accommodate special diet needs and for his generous, kind attitude. Thanks also go to David Negron, sous chef, and Jose Sterling, food and beverage supervisor.

Breakfasts are beautiful and moderately priced at the Courtyard. Relax at a table outside near the swaying palms with a magnificent view sand and surf. Miguel, a long time server, is particularly solicitous.

Dinner outside at Sirena is a recipe for romance aided by delicious fresh fish accompanied by a bit of the bubbly as the balmy evening breezes lull you. Sonia Gonzales, food and beverage manager, will ensure that you will thoroughly enjoy your experience. She welcomes the opportunity to personalize your stay and make it special. Lysmar and Jose (at Salsa) perform their duties as servers with a sweet personal touch. On Thursday evening, catch the beginner’s salsa dance lesson with talented JoAlice, and then head to Sirena.

For Saturday and Sunday dinner, sample the indoor Puerto Rican style buffet with abundant food at a very reasonable fixed price.

For a change of pace, restaurants at other major hotels in Isla Verde are within easy walking distance. Then come back to live, pulsing Caribbean rhythms at Picante lobby bar and maybe a nightcap at the quiet outdoor bar.

The management here has become very forward thinking, and they have big plans for the future. Renovations on the lovely outdoor dining patio/deck have been recently completed. Upgrading of the lobby and pool areas as well as the guest rooms will begin at the end of April or May and will be completed by Dec. ’13.

Note: Frequent airplane noise is the one drawback to this end of the island since the runway is only minutes away. It’s worth it to us to spend the extra money for a full oceanfront view room/balcony on a high floor where the ocean winds seem to subdue the noise/vibrations of jets.

Room Tip: Best: Full oceanfront guest room, high floor, not room ending in #26 (smaller, less romantic)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VacationTimeForTwo
Padin, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

We appreciate your kind review regarding the exemplary service you received while staying at the Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort and the time you set aside to share your experience.

Exceptional associates who exceed guest expectations are a source of pride to us. Individuals such as the managers and associates you mentioned in your review, truly define the tradition of exceptional service we strive to maintain.

I will personally make sure that your positive feedback is shared with all our staff. We appreciate your continued patronage and thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

José C. Padín
jpadin@sjcourtyard.com
787-388-3043

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I go to San Juan for business 4 to 5 times a year and have become accustom to staying at this hotel. It’s a clean, well maintained, and ideally situated for me. It’s located right next to the airport (yes, you can hear the planes depending on where your room is located) so there is no hassle with traffic when I leave or arrive. The hotel offers a little bit of everything; a good restaurant, a nice beach, a good outside bar and a little casino. But the best part for me is the staff. The folks here always greet you with a smile and are always willing to help. Today Nancy was especially helpful when I need to borrow some supplies for presentation I was putting together. If you are looking for a luxurious place to stay this hotel will not fit the bill. But if you want a nice clean room with access to everything you need, the Courtyard Isla Verde will do nicely.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor available.
2  Thank Toomuchtravel59
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Terrible food, gave up and tried pizza delivery which was superbe, ate at local coffee and deli for better quality taste and price. Lobby pool area and beach was very nice but it all stops there. Waited 30 to 45 minutes for any service at all locations. Only complementary tea and coffee till 11am
$3 a cup and water after that.
Every evening there was a private function for non guests that limited even acess to only bathroom.
A sham because the aesthetics were beautiful the resort could be better managed with more attention given to guests and laziness from all staff

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Jogo23235
Padin, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. It really saddens me to know that our food & beverages outlets did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused you. I will personally share your comments with our food & beverage managers and staff. Concerning our complimentary coffee and tea we offer at the lobby until 11am, please know that all our rooms are equipped with coffee makers and as part of our amenities we offer daily in room coffee, tea and two bottles of water all complimentary for our guest enjoyment.

I hope that you will return soon to Puerto Rico and that we at the Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort will have the opportunity of serving you again. If I can be of any future assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at 787-388-3043 or send me an e-mail at jpadin@sjcourtyard.com.

José C. Padín
787-388-3043
jpadin@sjcourtyard.com

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have stayed at the Courtyard on each visit to Puerto Rico ( avg 4 times a year) for the better part of 10 years. Staying at Marrotts throughout the world, this property rests at the top of my list. Mainly because of location and staff. You can't beat leaving the balcony door open overnight, falling asleep and waking to the sound of the ocean. The staff always friendly and going the extra mile. Starting from housekeeping and ending with management. Can't rate their food as I don't eat hotel food, too many local delicacies to choose from.

You know you've hit the jackpot when you get personalized service from management as I have recently. I always go there on business, this time it was a business/leisure trip as I took my family with me and stayed there 9 days. As a platinum member with Marriott I enjoy complimentary upgrades, here that is usually an oceanfront room and on ocassion a suite. I contacted a lovely manager with a special request. Not only did she fulfill that request, she did so with a personal touch as one of my kids were celebrating their birthday and he found a lil birthday gift when we walked in the room. Needless to say, the whole stay was near perfect.

Room Tip: There only 4 oceanfront rooms on each of the 12 floors. Request one of those, you won't regret i...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank OrlandoSR
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I traveled for business and stayed at this hotel. What you'd expect from a Marriott Courtyard by the airport. Several restaurants to choose from. Ate dinner at Sirena restaurant. Both Cristina and Coral del Mar provided great service and hospitality. They were very courteous and dinner was fantastic (on the beach).

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Wonderful property in front of beach. Casino and salsa is a good mix. Average rooms with beach view. Good Pool amenity in a quiet neighborhood but very near night action. Only 5 minutes from Airport. Parking is expensive and the 24 hours casino provide with snack service all night long. DIrections in Puerto Rico are kind of confusing. We went to a Jamboree with son and to find the field was confusing. Even concierge and GPS were troubled to find address. For relaxing in the sun and explore San Juan excellent location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde
El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort? Share your experiences!