I'll start off by saying this: big chain beach hotels are not my thing. I'm not usually impressed by amenities or into touristy resort locations. I'd much rather get off the beaten track or spend my time in a smaller type of accommodation, if available. That being said, for what it is, the Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort exceeded expectations. We were looking for a quick-and-easy beach vacation prior to the holidays. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful from the get go. We arrived on a very early flight (5 AM arrival) on Saturday morning and assumed we'd have to check our bags and go to the beach/find a breakfast spot and kill time before checking-in. To our pleasant surprise, we were accommodated with a (very) early check-in and were able to catch some rest before the beach. The rooms are very nice and clean, albeit no frills. In-room wireless internet is provided at no extra charge. The balconies look out on a beautiful beach with aquamarine-colored water and palm groves. The beach is beautiful and the attendants are courteous and helpful. It gets busy but is not overly-packed as the stretch of beach seems to be a little less popular than down by the Ritz-Carlton (which is a good thing). The hotel provides chairs, beach towels and umbrellas. Any type of drink you want can be purchased at the beach/pool bar. The one negative is that you can hear airplanes on the runway (which is just across from the front of the building). It isn't awful and usually is drowned-out by the sound of waves but certainly something to be aware of if you're looking for a more natural and pristine beach environment (chances are if you're looking at Isla Verde-Condado-San Juan, that isn't what you're looking for). The food at the both hotel restaurants is very good and there is a casino (if you're into that kind of thing). It's a bit of a distance to the other hotels and casinos in Isla Verde so plan on a 15-minute walk or a short cab ride/drive if you want to eat off-campus.
In sum, the property exceeded my expectations and the friendliness of the staff overcame any negatives I had with the property. We had a nice, relaxing time and didn't break the bank- which is easy to do at some of the other name brand hotels in the area. I would recommend the Isla Verde Courtyard to anyone interested in staying at a beach hotel in the San Juan metro area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a powdery expanse of Isla Verde beach in San Juan, the newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort is the perfect location for business or pleasure. The first hotel in San Juan to offer FREE Internet & wireless services it makes business a breeze! For families, babysitting & play services, game room & the beautiful pool & beach make any holiday perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Hotel Isla Verde
- Marriott Carolina
- Courtyard Carolina
- Carolina Courtyard
- Carolina Marriott
- Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort Puerto Rico