I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard Isla Verde; everything went smoothly from check-in to check-out, including excellent service from all employees, quiet beachfront room, breakfast at the beachfront café, Wednesday night manager’s reception, and the client friendly culture led and modeled by General Manager Jose Padin. I was expecting a typical Courtyard, but in fact it is more like a Marriott Vacation Club Resort.
I had read a lot of reviews on Trip Advisor (TA) before selecting this hotel. For full disclosure, I have been a Marriott Rewards member for more than 20 years, and have rarely been disappointed with my stays at Marriott’s around the world. For this trip I was considering several lodging options other than Marriott, mainly because of the variety of comments on TA. In the end, I made the right decision.
Some details: First the room: there were several comments about rooms; suffice it to say, I read those and made my request based upon the majority opinion. The bathroom does need updating (which is planned for next year), but still it was clean, roomy, and met my needs for a bathroom. Everything else about the room could have been a Courtyard anywhere in the world.
Client Friendly staff: I immediately had the sense that this was a priority for GM Padin; every staff member I encountered had a smile for me. Wednesday night’s reception (drinks and appetizers on the house from 5:30-7:00) was the highlight of my stay; I met several staff members and learned about their current roles with Marriott as well as things to do and see in Puerto Rico. I also met several interesting guests who I hope will visit me in my hometown.
Location Near the Airport: There were many comments about noise – there were a couple of planes during the day and I heard nothing at night (there were 2 glass patio doors (in effect, double paned). Proximity is an advantage for arriving and departing by air.
To do and see: Again, based on the reviews I read on TA, I planned my itinerary accordingly. My taxi into Old San Juan took about 15 minutes and I visited the Forts, the Cruise Terminal area, Museum of Art, had coffee at Caficultura, lunch at El Jabarito, and walked back along the beach (2 hours) to the hotel. I ate at both the Salsa Restaurant and walked about 10 minutes to the Metropol. They were both very good and reasonably priced. For more of a choice, take a taxi 20 minutes into Old San Juan and then return to the Courtyard and sit on the beach and listen to the waves. Thanks to all of the staff, and especially GM Jose Padin, for making my stay so pleasant and memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a powdery expanse of Isla Verde beach in Carolina San Juan, Puerto Rico, newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort is the perfect location for business or pleasure. The first hotel in San Juan to offer FREE Internet & wireless services it makes business a breeze! For families, babysitting & play services, game room & the beautiful pool & beach make any holiday perfect. Enjoy our setting just a short distance from Old San Juan, El Yunque rainforest and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Hotel Isla Verde
- Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort
- Courtyard Carolina
- Marriott Carolina
- Carolina Courtyard
- Carolina Marriott
- Courtyard By Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort Puerto Rico