“Amazing stay, superb staff”

Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Isla Verde
Puerto Rico
“Amazing stay, superb staff”
Reviewed October 6, 2007

We stayed there from Sept 27-29 and words just cannot express how fantastic everything and everyone there is. From the warm greeting we got at the front desk to the wonderful bartender at the pool. We were celebrating my girlfriend's birthday and also a quick honeymoon.

The pool was great, the bartender Axel was very very nice and attentive with us. We told him we were celebrating a birthday and he gave my gf a free drink in her honor.... His mojito is WONDERFUL !!! And we also tried their burgers and wrap and they were really good and not expensive at all.

Overall, I would definetely stay there again. Their pool was just the best and the beach is not bad at all... I like the beach at The Ritz Carlton better...I plan to visit again in Nov.

• Liked — Their pool bar
  • Disliked — Lots of pigeons around when you eat
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank annie_10_pr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Polish first
New York
Reviewed September 12, 2007

We have just returned from our vacation at the court yard marriott in san juan Puerto Rico as we entered the hotel at check in the top notch service began. The staff and management greeted us at the front desk making us feel great and they were wainting for us to arrive. The room was so nice i didnt want to leave it. The bed was so soft and you sleep very well.The food was excellent,everything you need is within in a few steps away from you this hotel is clean and well put together. Throught the entire stay at the courtyard the management team greeted us with a handshake asking if we needed anything, they called the room checking up on us. I have stayed at many resorts and I am a world traveler and I'd have to say this was the best hotel I have ever stayed at - I do recommend this as the best hotel out of the thousands of hotels i have been to. By far the service ,food, management and staff were nothing less than stella. i hope you read this review and decide that this is the hotel for you , you will not be disapointed with you stay.
Rob and Angela
A+++++++

• Liked — The assistant manager gave excellent service
  • Disliked — That we had to leave :(
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
7 Thank robboh24
United States
Reviewed September 9, 2007

We have just returned from a four day trip at the Marriott beach resort. Thank you Mr. Arroyo for your warm welcome and the fruit tray was fantastic. We were given a beautiful oceanfront room that was on the 9th floor. Carmen was a great housekeeper and always had extra water in our room. The room always had extra towels and always clean. with a plasma tv, dvd and a small refrig. The food was great at the salsa restaurant, breakfast especially. We didn't get to experience la sirena restaurant but we will next time we are in town. There were three salsa bands every friday, saturday and sunday nights and the dancing was spectacular/ We enjoyed every minute of it. The barenders at the picante bar are very friendly and service you immediateley. During the afternoon we laid at the pool area and even met a couple of folks at the pool bar. We had plenty of towels and the hot tub was fabulous. We also enjoyed a day at the beach and my husband Richard laid in the hammock and fell asleep with a rum island ice tea in his hand. After some dancing at night we would go to the casino and stay there to the wee hours. It is hard to get a slot machine because the locals take them all, but if you are patient, one always become avaiable. The drinks keep coming around as long as you are gambling and they also give you sandwiches if you asked for them. We even took the bus which is only .65 cents and visited old san juan.
Overall I would say this is the best resort we have ever stayed in on a holiday and we will go again! Thanks again Mr. Arroyo for a wonderful time!

Elizabeth & Richard Marrero
Orlando, Florida

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ellyaponte
New York
Reviewed September 7, 2007

Hats off, to this hotel. This was my second visit to this hotel, this
time I brought a critic and not always easy to get along companion - My Mother and sister. Any hotel that treats one's 76yr old Mom with a walker with such genuine care and personal attention, you can't help but love the personnel. At the coffee shop and pool area, they sensed exactly how much and what kind of attention my Mom needed, so they were unusually attentive. The omelet maker in breakfast room was
personable, warm; overall the food was good as long as you can wait about 10 min for an omelet. Everyone provide the kind of loving attention you'd expect from your kindest relative. None of the employees have the corporate, enforced smiley friendliness. Hotel has a very good location; there are good restaurants, ice cream, and pizza parlors. Mr. Arollo handled all our needs with total tact, kindness and professionalism. If you ever visit this hotel make sure you meet this very helpful young man. Thank you.

• Liked — Service
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank mecaNewYork
New Jersey
Reviewed September 2, 2007

I think your rooms are very nice and your hotel is situated in a beautiful place. waking up to that beach every day was amazing! But I would love to forget the dinig experience I had in your restaurant. Salsa restaurant is a poor excuse for a restaurant the food was horrible and the service dreadful! I think thereyou should re-train an employee she was very rude to me and my husband. She was an older lady with long black hair. It`s a shame that you have people like that working for such a great company like it is Marriott!!

Stayed August 2007
AArroyo, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 11, 2007
Dear User,
My Apologies. We certainly feel very disappointed with ourselves, and no matter how many times we discuss your review, we find no reason and no excuse. At this point we just don't want to simply Thank You for your advised, but also hope, that one more time you give our team the opportunity to be at your service, and make it up to you. Ahead please find my contact address, so please whenever you feel comfortable let us know. I Guarantee you, this time you won’t be disappointed; aarroyo@sjcourtyard.com. Thank You.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 26, 2007

The Courtyard Marriott is a decent hotel on a good beach. It is certainly not in an interesting area for tourists, basically across the street from the airport if that interests you (see the photo). Being walking distance to the Ritz Carlton and their restaurants and casino is nice but other than that, nothing to do in the area but walk on the beach. Rooms were just ok, nothing fancy although you get a walk out balcony with 1/2 the rooms facing the ocean. Ask for a room with the new plasma/lcd tv. Their website makes it sound like all rooms have them, and that's not true yet.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank Rusty2280
NewYork
Reviewed August 24, 2007

I recently stayed for 4 nights with my 2 teenage daughters.Our room was ready when we arrived,and had 2 comfortable beds,a flat-screen TV,CD player,coffeepot, and mini-fridge with complimentary bottles of water.There was a balcony witha table and chairs with a beautiful ocean view.The beach behind this hotel is the nicest on the strip in Isla Verde,with white,powdery sand,palm trees for shade,and even a few hammocks for lounging.The staff wil bring your drink to you on the beach,or you can cool off with a cocktail at the pool's swimup bar.There is also a kiddie pool,and hot tub.My only complaint here is having to pay $6 for a beach chair-just increase the daily hotel rate for Pete's sake,and don't charge for the chairs.There are a few restaurants on the premises,as well as limited room service. The breakfast buffet at Salsa was good,with made-to-order omelettes and Belgian waffles among the offerings.However,the dinner buffet at Salsa was not good.The salads,side dishes, and desserts were good,but all 4 entrees (turkey,chicken,pork,and mahi-mahi) were dry and underseasoned.The food at the bar,Picante,was good,as were the lighter dishes available at Bananas,and the poolside grill.There is an outdoor restaurant called Sirena also,but we didn't get a chance to try it.The inhouse casino was fun,and there are 3 computers available in the lobby with free internet access .My daughters spent time on the computers,because there wasn't much for them to do at night.There were families with young children,couples,and some business travelers,but not a lot of teenagers around.We rented a car for 24 hours;just enough to spend an afternoon and evening browsing around old San Juan,and a half day at El Yunque rainforest.The hotel staff is helpful and pleasant-they genuinely seem happy to assist with any questions or requests.Overall,I would definitely recommend the Courtyard,and hope I stay again in the future.

• Liked — beautiful beach
  • Disliked — no activities for teens at night
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Caribe Hilton San Juan
Caribe Hilton San Juan
#20 of 47 in San Juan
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort? Share your experiences!