“Convenient All Purpose Hotel in the Middle of Paradise!!”
Review of Villa Verde Inn

Ranked #1 of 2 Isla Verde B&B and Inns
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Convenient All Purpose Hotel in the Middle of Paradise!!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I came in for a nice vacation with my family from the states we were looking for budget friendly but nice accomodations and we were very weary since San Juan PR tends to be very "touristy" so we thought we were going to spend a lot for a room. Luckily, a family member who had traveled here before told me about Villa Verde Inn, he told me it was nice, comfortable and easy on your wallet, he wasn't mistaken. We got there and were welcomed with open arms and great service from all employees. The location is great, easy access to the beach, restaurants, shops and all the attractions around San Juan and the Isla Verde area. The general manager Hector was of great service and very helpful. Great ammenities for families and business travelers or for friends just wanting to have fun. Great staff, great service and great establisment, definetely coming back, you can't go wrong with this hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mario T
Hector S, Manager at Villa Verde Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Mario T,

Thanks for taking the time to write about our hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Villa Verde Inn and that you could make the most of your visit to Puerto Rico, as I know you did. I want to go a bit personal here and say that it was a pleasure to meet you and have you and your family in my hotel.

We are looking forward to have you back in the near future.

Hector Sanchez
Hotel Manager
Villa Verde Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Villa Verde Inn was disgusting rug was filthy smelled like fish. The pillow on the bed was stained. Beds looked horrible pretty much on the floor. One bed frame was too big for the bed. No comforters at all no sheets. ONe towel for a two bed room ...The fitted blanket had a damn cigarette whole on it I mean really. I think this is where the hookers go to get a quicky...You wanna have a great time check out embassy they get ten stars in my book a little mote expensive but worth it trust me :) all 7 of us left extra happy!!! as for Villa Verde Inn I give them Nooooo Stars!!!! Oh and they don't return your money once you sign make sure you look at the room first!!! We didn't stay two minutes and still did not get our money back... I wish I could put 00000,s straight across the board.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Mari121076
Hector S, Manager at Villa Verde Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Mari121076,

We are very sorry that you had such a negative experience at Villa Verde Inn. Your comments are of high value to us and we will look into them. Our hotel does not promote nor makes business with the type of guest you mentioned in your review. The room assigned to you was a handicap room because you requested this accommodation otherwise we wouldn't have sell this room as we need it for ADA purposes. For the rest, I am retraining the hotel staff as we have quality standards that need to be followed at all times. I am sure that given the opportunity we will not fail to meet your expectations and maybe retain you as a happy customer. Once again, thanks for sharing your concerns and giving Villa Verde Inn the opportunity to Make It Better.

Hector Sanchez
Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Isla Verde hotels

Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This place was horrendous.Once I check in and saw the room I requested a refund which was 5 mins later I was denied,The have a no refund policy is tiny writing on the right hand of the wall by the desk.So I put up with staying there since I had no choice.The beds were as hard as a box spring.I got clean towels twice in my 4 day stay because I went to the office and asked for them.I requested to speak to the manager and he was never around nor did I get the call from him that I requested.Also if you want a hair dryer or iron you have to call the office for it.There was no tv remote had to use a pen to turn the tv on since the button was missing too.The mini frodge was rusted ,The floor was dirty, I will be traveling again in May 2013 but I can assure you ,I will not be staying here ever again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank VanessaPA74
Carolina
Reviewed April 13, 2012

such a nice place, clean, and most helpful the crew, christian, hector, and sheila are
wonderful people to make your stay so comfortable, and so helpful. centrally located to the beach, and bus to old san juan. going back to stay at the same place, great rates and
wonderful staff on duty 24hrs a day

Room Tip: room 12 , 26 and 27 are the quieter and on the cornor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert S
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have stayed at the Villa Verde Inn since 2005. The management has changed since then , and the motel has had much remodeling which makes it look awesome. The staff are exceptionally kind and helpful.

I strongly recommend this motel to anyone looking for a nice value, super clean room and a staff that is extraordinary.

Chris D.

Room Tip: Room 8 is a double room, I think. That was my original room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Chris D
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at villa verde inn. And It was the worst experience we ever had. The air conditioner didn't work, the rug was so dirty, the pool was also dirty like if wasn't clean for I don't know how long and the "continental breakfast" was awful. It's better to go to the Burger King.

Room Tip: There not even one.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jose C
New York City
Reviewed July 27, 2010

If you are planning to travel to San Juan and you are on a budget, then this is the hotel for you. I live in New York City and a friend recommended I visit Isla Verde in San Juan because of the nice beach. The problem is finding a hotel at an affordable price. The average price per night at high season is over $150.00. After a horrible experience at a budget hotel in Isla Verde, I stopped by Villa Verde Inn. As soon as I walked in, the first thing that impressed me was how clean the reception area was. The clerk was very courteous and gave me a price of $80 per night, almost half the price the other hotels were charging.

My room was very cleaned and spacious. There was a balcony with a view of the highway and adjacent hotels. As opposed to the previous budget hotel I was in, here everything worked. There's was an air conditioner, wi-fi, a phone, cable TV, a refrigerator, and even a microwave and nothing broke down while I was there.

It is about a 5 minute walk to the beach. You can also take the bus to El Viejo San Juan right across the street and it costs just 75 cents. I really recommend you visit El Viejo San Juan. It was one of the highlights of my trip. The colonial setting is really impressive and the seaport is beautiful. Also there's a lot of entertainment going on at nights.

In short, if you are planning to travel on a budget to San Juan, stay at Villa Verde Inn. You won't regret it. I'm already making plans to come next year.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo