“Nightmare 2012”
Review of Villa Verde Inn

Villa Verde Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Isla Verde B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This place was horrendous.Once I check in and saw the room I requested a refund which was 5 mins later I was denied,The have a no refund policy is tiny writing on the right hand of the wall by the desk.So I put up with staying there since I had no choice.The beds were as hard as a box spring.I got clean towels twice in my 4 day stay because I went to the office and asked for them.I requested to speak to the manager and he was never around nor did I get the call from him that I requested.Also if you want a hair dryer or iron you have to call the office for it.There was no tv remote had to use a pen to turn the tv on since the button was missing too.The mini frodge was rusted ,The floor was dirty, I will be traveling again in May 2013 but I can assure you ,I will not be staying here ever again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank VanessaPA74

Reviewed April 13, 2012

such a nice place, clean, and most helpful the crew, christian, hector, and sheila are
wonderful people to make your stay so comfortable, and so helpful. centrally located to the beach, and bus to old san juan. going back to stay at the same place, great rates and
wonderful staff on duty 24hrs a day

Room Tip: room 12 , 26 and 27 are the quieter and on the cornor
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have stayed at the Villa Verde Inn since 2005. The management has changed since then , and the motel has had much remodeling which makes it look awesome. The staff are exceptionally kind and helpful.

I strongly recommend this motel to anyone looking for a nice value, super clean room and a staff that is extraordinary.

Chris D.

Room Tip: Room 8 is a double room, I think. That was my original room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Chris D
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at villa verde inn. And It was the worst experience we ever had. The air conditioner didn't work, the rug was so dirty, the pool was also dirty like if wasn't clean for I don't know how long and the "continental breakfast" was awful. It's better to go to the Burger King.

Room Tip: There not even one.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jose C
Reviewed July 27, 2010

If you are planning to travel to San Juan and you are on a budget, then this is the hotel for you. I live in New York City and a friend recommended I visit Isla Verde in San Juan because of the nice beach. The problem is finding a hotel at an affordable price. The average price per night at high season is over $150.00. After a horrible experience at a budget hotel in Isla Verde, I stopped by Villa Verde Inn. As soon as I walked in, the first thing that impressed me was how clean the reception area was. The clerk was very courteous and gave me a price of $80 per night, almost half the price the other hotels were charging.

My room was very cleaned and spacious. There was a balcony with a view of the highway and adjacent hotels. As opposed to the previous budget hotel I was in, here everything worked. There's was an air conditioner, wi-fi, a phone, cable TV, a refrigerator, and even a microwave and nothing broke down while I was there.

It is about a 5 minute walk to the beach. You can also take the bus to El Viejo San Juan right across the street and it costs just 75 cents. I really recommend you visit El Viejo San Juan. It was one of the highlights of my trip. The colonial setting is really impressive and the seaport is beautiful. Also there's a lot of entertainment going on at nights.

In short, if you are planning to travel on a budget to San Juan, stay at Villa Verde Inn. You won't regret it. I'm already making plans to come next year.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I stay cause my son needed to get early to airport.........it was really near, less than five minutes, at 5:30 Am a sunday. It was clean, except from rug........they said they are working on it. bathroom where new...full beds where hard bot king bed where soft..........some noise, put not as bad as i had read.. employees all very nice and handy....
IT LOOKS a lot better than we see in the Internet picture,.. cause they are remodeling..... Fantastic location.....................overall okay.. planning to stay tomorrow(june 8, 2010)...... the price its fantastic for location........CABLE............clean except RUG...........

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2010

We stayed here two non-consecutive nites in two different rooms. It is the cheapest hotel we could find around the airport (five minutes drive) but certainly not the cleanest. There were dead bugs on the wall and the shower smelled moldy but it was passable for the few hours we needed to rest our heads before moving on. The first nite there was no hot water. When we returned later in the week there was hot water and great water pressure in the afternoon, come the next morning there was no water at all!! Again, not the best hotel but for the price we paid it was acceptable.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
#43 of 48 in San Juan
Hotel Iberia
Hotel Iberia
#41 of 48 in San Juan

Been to Villa Verde Inn? Share your experiences!