I found this hotel looking thru the list of small Inns in Puerto Rico, because everything else seemed too expensive. I will keep this simple.
- good price, under $80 per night
- friendly staff who knew places to visit/good restarants/ways to get to places
- free breakfast included (eve thou it is ONLY pastries, orange juice and coffee)
- the beach is across the highway - 5 minute walk
- several restaurant close by (El Taquito, BarraChina, Mi Casita) - 5-10 minute walk
- casinos are also close : 5-10 minute walk
- Walgreens/Super Market/ 7 Eleven - 5-10 minute walk
- Bus Station - 5 minute walk
- has small balcony, small pool, microwave and fridge in each room
- right by the highway- very noisy :(
- not that clean - found some hairs on the white bedsheets on the first night (obviously not ours)
- shower pressure was low- was hard to take a shower- not relaxing
- too far from Old San Juan - bus costs 75 cents each way, but it takes about 45 minutes to get there with all the stops; by taxi it costs $18-$19 each way, so it's too expensive to take the round-trip each day; for $40 extra a day, you can probably find something in Old San Juan
- besides a few casinos and the beach, not too many attractions to see in the area
Overall, it is ok if you are VERY budget oriented, otherwise I would stay in OLD SAN JUAN, that is the big attraction to Puerto Rico.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Villa Verde Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Verde Hotel Isla Verde
- Villa Verde Inn Puerto Rico/Isla Verde