“My Paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Verde
El Patio Guest House
Ranked #2 of 2 Isla Verde B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 26, 2008

Me and my Partner always went every year in Feburary during the Valentine's week and always have a blast walking the strip shopping and lounging around. We have meet the same people there and contact them for the return reunion, the owner Angela and her daughter are wonderful people the house keeper Maria she is great. We have not been ther in almost 6 years I have making reservation for Feburary to return to my Paradise. Although the people we have meet have lost contact we hope to someday see them again or to meet new people, we are from Chicago, Illinois. the room is very nice and very inexpensive I cannot wait you have all access to the beach in walking distance and the isla verde strip where you can got the the hotels for the casino or buffets. 5 min aways from the airport ewasy to get to when we go we do not rent a car just from airport to cab cost about $8-$12 dollars maybe a little more for two people and the bus to get to san juan .25c just be aware of the stop time last bus they differ if you want to stay out later then 5pm in old san juan......LOVE IT..........

• Stayed: February 2005, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 13, 2008

Hi,

My boyfriend and I stayed there for 12 nights. The place was awesome, and the service too.
We arrived there by the afternoon, when we got there our room was already cleaned.
The location is ideal, your not located next to the Highway, yet you're close to everything.
It is located near everything, There is Espana cafe, Linda's pancakes, across the highway you'll find a 24hrs supermarket, Burger king, many restaurants incl. 24hrs pizza place, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Mc. Donalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, Long John's silver, Ponderosa oooffff, all of these places are right on the Isla Verde ave.
We walked from El Patio to all of these places, I felt very safe!!
we walked day and night, and not once was I afraid or have felt unsecure!
Once checked in you'll receive your key which you use to enter and exit the guest house.
The place is quiet and lovely, we used the kitchen to make breakfast, there's also the laundry facility, cool drinks and snack machines.
The rooms are cleaned every day!
I really enjoyed my stay there and I loved Puerto Rico, and I'll be back for sure!!!

I'm from Aruba, and I work at a 5 star hotel, let me tell you that the service I received here was on the same page as where I work.
Excellent!!!

God bless Angela and her family.

***please be advised that you're paying $69 a night, and you cannot expect a luxurious place. It is simple and nice****

Love Puerto Rico,

Angelique Ras.
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2008

Clean, has kitchen, A/C, Microwave, pool, court yard. Angela the owner is an Angel!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Very welcoming and friendly owners. My family and I only stayed there for only one day awaiting boarding for a cruise. We had a party of 10 and El Patio Guest House was able to accomidate all of us to stay in one suite. The suite was clean and confortable for a one night stay. The pool and deck was especially nice. Stores and restaurants (fast food and lower budget ) were within walking distance (15 to 20 min.). Overall a nice and affordable place to stay for one day.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank shalirha
Reviewed August 10, 2007

If you are looking to stay some where cheap yet close to action. then this is the place. $69 a nite WOW! The B & B is owned by a little old lady and her adult daughter helps her. It is clean and they are a polite family.

Some problems: At first when I arrived, my flight was delayed due to an erupting volcano near PR, so by the time i got to the hotel, the owner already locked the gates. (this was at 12am) I called & called, no answer and eventually some teens let us in and we slept literally on the Patio until 6am. The owner finally awoke and explained she never heard our phone calls or banging but she did hear the loudness of the teens. It wasn't a big deal to me. . i have ruffed it before but for families I would advise arriving early!! They go to bed early & the lady is like 90 years old.

Despite that incident...she did not charge us for one nite's stay. The area is quaint. Besides the barking dogs and crazy highway you'll be fine. ON the main strip however, be aware of some sketchy sleeping homeless people. Well maybe one homeless guy.

In an attempt to catch a day trip, my boyfriend left his bag in a cab & the owner of el Patio went out her way to recover it!! She is awesome!!!!

The beach is about 5-7min walk from the hotel & the main strip with all the hotels are too. You can use the other hotels to book packages or day trips.

If you have money, take a $19 one way-cab ride to Old San Juan...If not take the 75 cents bus c-19 near the main strip of all the hotels...just be sure to tell the bus driver where you want to go...the locals will help you too!

San Juan is safe..if you act like a loud American...they will take advantage of you. Other than that try to speak some Spanish...eat at the sketchy little vendedores...Buena Suerte!!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fcarr2wins
Reviewed April 23, 2007

Great location, close to the beach, old San Juan, Pinones, shopping mall(plaza las Americas), maybe 5-10 mintues from airport, there's a cafe around the corner, 24hr supermarket, close to charlie rental car. Good place for people with kids, very friendly staff & guests. We felt as if we were staying with family. There's a kitchen for everyone with pots, dishes, microwave, fridge. rooms were ahh okay-need improvement--doors squeak, furniture old and rooms could use painting-however very clean and cool a/c worked great. rooms were cleaned every day. Pool was nice, facility has parking and the neighborhood was safe and quiet. overall good place to stay. will stay here again

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank santos571
Reviewed December 27, 2006

My husband and I went to PR for the first time ever Dec 22-26, 2006 and my my it was the best experience one could ask for, for first timers. The place was clean and very comfortable. My husband's first expression was "this place is going to be highly rated by me", but I guess I beat him to that.

The fares for the High season was reasonable $69.00 per night, Angella even have a kitchen area for the guest use. However if you dont want to prepare meals for yourself, you can visit Sweet Anns just about 2 mins away.

The rooms are fully A/C and they are cleaned everyday.

It is really great there.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple